• This topic has 18 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by mboy.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Nice Handlebars… whats about ?
  • renton
    Free Member

Looking for nice bars to replace the standard flat bar on my 529

Ideally after 760mm with a little bit of rise.

What would you look at?

Does 35mm make much difference?

jam-bo

just got some spank vibrocores. impressed so far.

Tracey

You wont go far wrong with these, you could hang on and see if they get below £30 but still worth it at £40

http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/HBOOKNUCK/on-one-knuckleball-carbon-handlebar

zero-cool
    Free Member

Original Renthal Fatbar. They just feel nice, not so stiff your wrists get wrecked and 780mm.
    It just depends if you like the gold colour or not.

All the bikes I’ve tried with 35mm bars seem to harsher on your wrists/arms.

Personally I think it’s a new ‘standard’ that isn’t needed.

Tom KP

DezB
    Free Member

Does 35mm make much difference?

Nope. My Instinct has 35mm and it is completely un-noticeable. Sus forks move up and down underneath it you see.

I bought some Sixc bars as recommeneded by a few on here and they’re good. (31.8s as they are on a different bike).

renton
    Free Member

Im a bit uncertain about carbon bars for me as Im 18 stone so not sure if there is a weight limit on them?

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

With a short stem like a 35mm, I reckon you will have ~40% of your weight over the front, tops.

batman11
    Free Member

Renton I’m in and around your weight and ridden carbon bars for 10+ years starting with Easton monkey DH
    There all good! Only time I’ve changed them is to go wider or a really big crash! See if crc have still got Easton stuff with a big discount they had 750 bars at a good price.

honourablegeorge

Shorelines have the last of the half-price CHromags

renton
    Free Member

do you have a link please as all I can see are the ones at £70 odd quid

honourablegeorge

Use Code CHROMAG50

renton
    Free Member

damn no black ones left !!

fivespot
    Free Member

Easton Haven 35 750mm wide bars less than half price at CRC, light at 188g, so shouldn’t be as stiff as Havocs. Just got a pair for my new steed 😀

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/easton-haven-35-carbon-riser-bar/rp-prod125099

renton
    Free Member

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Ideally I’m after a 780mm bar with 15-20 mm rise in black if anyone knows of good deals about.

funkmasterp

just got some spank vibrocores. impressed so far.

I’ll second this. I thought the whole vibrocore thing was just marketing. Nope, they eliminate a lot of vibration. I’d definitely use them again.

poah
    Free Member

Spank spike vibrocore here. Not light but they do reduce trail buzz

alpineharry
    Free Member

Raceface atlas are always pretty comfortable i’ve found, i’ve also always got on with burgtec and currently running a pair on my nomad, had a pair on various bikes.

mboy
    Free Member

Ideally I’m after a 780mm bar with 15-20 mm rise in black if anyone knows of good deals about.

Gimme a shout…

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Nice Handlebars… whats about ?’ is closed to new replies.