Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Nice airport to Finale Ligure: Easy enough?
  • Bagstard
    Free Member

Has anyone done this? How easy was it dragging a big bike box? Any better method?

Thanks in advance.

arogers
    Free Member

By what mode of transport? I’ve done the drive, which is very straightforward. A couple of tolls to negotiate. You can stop off in Monaco if that’s your sort of thing. There is a train as well which I’ve heard is fine but no first-hand experience. Enjoy, Finale is awesome!

Bagstard
    Free Member

Duh! The title was supposed to say train, time to edit.

honourablegeorge

Bunch of times, always in rental cars. Lovely, lovely drive along coast through dozens of unnels and over masssive bridges spannign the valleys. Pretty much motorway all the way, litte over an hour IIRC

andyrm
    Free Member

Done it on the train loads of times. Get the train from Nice St Augustin (about 10 mins walk from the airport), it’s about €28 return.

Change at Ventimille/Ventimiglia (no lifts so you have to go up & down some stairs, but the people are pretty helpful), then onto Finale. It’s about 2 hours, a pretty nice journey and you see lots of cool stuff in the port towns the train passes through.

Hathers
    Free Member

Did it by train in May. The walk to St Augustin is fine if you have a bike bag / box with wheels. There are also some intercity trains direct from Nice (possibly also St Augustin). These are quicker and avoid the need to change in Ventimille, but cost more.

There was plenty of space for the bike bag at the end of the carriage.

clareymorris

Dead easy and no need to change at Ventigmiglia …………very enjoyable journey! Had to book it through the Italian website, the French one didn’t seem to like going over the border!!

So, through the Thello website the route (we had a night in Nice) was Nice Ville – Finale Ligure Marina – 25euro each RETURN(I KNOW!)

Very nice 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Nice airport to Finale Ligure: Easy enough?’ is closed to new replies.