Viewing 5 posts - 441 through 445 (of 445 total)
  • NHS Privitisation is coming
  • grantway
    Free Member

Two systems that would be interesting to look at would be Japan and spain – both significantly cheaper than the rest and seem to provide pretty good provision but I know no details

We are about to exchange contracts on a holiday home in the Costa Blanca region
    and we asked about health care and was told that the health care system
    is very good if not better now than here by locals (English & Spanish people).

Will have to find out more when we go back, but this thread will be chip wrapper by then.

grantway
    Free Member

grantway – Member
    I am still awaiting any evidence of for profit healthcare reducing costs.
    I know why this is – because there isn’t any that stands up to scrutiny

You never will !
    My Mrs worked years back for a company called New Church & Company
    (Nothing unto wards about the company not one bit.)
    and they organised the first PFI and even though they showed the rates
    to pay back She could not believe that the NHS took on such debt.

But the Government of the time was not spending the money at the time
    to want the NHS to work rather watch it internally and has a whole fail.

I think there are a few Hospitals around the country now spending millions of pounds.
    Money for our health care to get them out of such crippling contracts.

Just does not make sense turning to a profiteering system when the NHS is not
    allowed to make a profit, so to pay out for profitable bills the NHS will eventually cease
    to exist for financial debts.

konabunny
    Free Member

No – I am making a point you fail to see. A captive client group means no market.

The patients are not the clients. The hospitals/trusts/facilities are. This is exactly the same as when companies contract out management of a canteen at a remote/campus location – or when companies contract out cleaning, estate services, accounting, payroll, expenses processing, PowerPoint production, IT or any other non-core function.

Get it?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

No Kona – its you that don’t get it. stop and have a think.

This is exactly the same as when companies contract out management of a canteen at a remote/campus location

No its not – the people eating the food then can have a choice – they can not eat it. the NHS patients cannot. They have to eat it.

There is no incentive in a hospital contracted out catering to maintain quality. Regulation cannot do it as its subjective and there cannot be any less people eating it.

You simply fail to understand. In the NHS cost is not the only consideration.

grantway
    Free Member

Stoatsbrother – Member
    G I’m guessing they did it by having a cooperative management team on the Trust side – based on the way our trust has sandbagged negotiations – and continues to do so in other services. And this is because we are next to the sea it means we have less competition around, no other acute trusts for 20 miles, so they can get away with it. Which is why we have to bring in other providers to get an alternative. If there was Wiggle and no other bike shop would the prices be as cheap and the service as fast?

Sorry been looking after our dog just had an Op on his ear.
    Yes they have a CO-OP of all heads of department through out the NHS in Newham
    including Doctors etc.
    You saying you don’t do this where you are? if not why!

Viewing 5 posts - 441 through 445 (of 445 total)

The topic ‘NHS Privitisation is coming’ is closed to new replies.