Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • NHL playoffs….
  • phatstanley
    Free Member

….is there anywhere that provides a stream online or a sports channel that does it on the tv?
    CBC has exclusive rights for the finals, but you can’t get it outta the country.

signed,
    A. Canuck.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

justin.tv or http://www.vipbox.tv/

phatstanley
    Free Member

oooooh, thank you sir.
    next question: is it reliable and what kind of picture quality can i expect?
    staying up on a school night until opening faceoff (1am!) is quite a commitment.
    have you had much experience with it?

1981miked
    Free Member

Come on Boston! Tim Thomas will save the day…;-)

Seriously though, great play off series. I do think the Canuks will win it though, im not fussed either way mind you. I did call Vancouver for the finals at the start of the season mind you.

Anyway, im recording it so doesnt really help you, just been playing tonight aswell so right in the mood to watch it, but an early start tomorrow has called a halt to that.

Enjoy the game.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I have used the vipstand one a lot for rugby games. Quality varies and its fine generally for rugby but not so good for cricket with the smaller ball and larger fields. Worth watching but nearer youtube quality than HD tv I would say. Yo0u normally get a range of feeds to watch – some require 3rd party software I use sopcast IIRC without issues.

nicko74

Have you looked into getting a vpn account that makes you look like you’re in Canada or the US? They’re relatively cheap (about £15 a quarter or so), and would allow you to stream TV and/or radio content as required.

phatstanley
    Free Member

hey, ta fer that, nick.
    i just signed up for vpn and am awaiting verification….
    will let yaz know how it worked out….

been over here 12 years and only got excited about watchin’ ice hockey again after the olympics….

stan.

16stonepig
    Free Member

I’ve been living on nervous energy and no sleep for the last 2 months. Been a Boston fan for years, and this is the best I’ve seen them do.

I still think Timmy can steal it for them. He’s been astonishing.

16stonepig
    Free Member

I give you as an example…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9b3cf422kr8[/video]

phatstanley
    Free Member

update:
    the vpn is working a treat and i’m catching up on the last game and about to prepare myself a stiff drink as i buckle down for the evening, so thanks nick!

as a guy who spent most of his competitive play between the pipes, seeing timmy slash at burrows (understandably)reminds me of a hot-blooded 16yr.old stan who freely hacked at the ankles of the guys sittin’ in my crease.

i’m re-living my formative years here, folks! AWESOME!!!

…and don cherry is on….ain’t seen him broadcast a game in, probably, 13-14 years!!!!!

Northwind

Thomas is amazing but I’m rooting for the Canucks. Nicer strip 😉

phatstanley
    Free Member

2 goals in 35 seconds! Game 7 here we come….god love VPN!!!
    (and macallan single malt!)

phatstanley
    Free Member

3 nuthin’!!!
    They’ve pulled Luongo!!!!

16stonepig
    Free Member

I’m soooo not counting my chickens yet, but…

EDIT: Now I am. I have lots of chickens.

phatstanley
    Free Member

four nuthin’!
    hey 16stoner!
    i just emailed my brother in nelson bc with my theory that luongo’s heart ain’t in it cuz he ain’t grown his beard. but schneider ain’t havin’ any more luck.
    game seven is gonna be innerestin’…..

16stonepig
    Free Member

Wow. The ‘Nucks are just getting beaten up.

phatstanley
    Free Member

I think i’m done after this period.
    save it for game 7.
    thomas is a flippin freak.

1981miked
    Free Member

Wow! Didnt see that score line coming..

Bruins are playing great hockey..

Roll on game 7…. Go Bruins I suppose after tonights performance!

phatstanley
    Free Member

Some great old time, end-to-end hockey tonight. Smooth Bergeron goal…

walleater

Only a few hours until the riots….

phatstanley
    Free Member

I’d riot if I had to look at Cherry’s jacket for too long…

drofluf
    Free Member

At least the Canuck fans took the defeat well Fans riot after final

16stonepig
    Free Member

Stay classy Vancouver!

Nice job by Timmy Thomas. He might be the most likeable guy in hockey, and deserves every trophy he gets this year.

psychle
    Free Member

I was at the TD Garden for game 7 of the semi-finals against Montreal (I think?), was a great game, Bruins winning in the extra period, the crowd (obviously!) went berserk, awesome to be there for! 😀

First ever game of Ice Hockey for me, loved it, adopted the Bruins as ‘my’ team, so hooray, we’re the champions! 8)

phatstanley
    Free Member

I was at the TD Garden for game 7 of the semi-finals against Montreal (I think?), was a great game, Bruins winning in the extra period, the crowd (obviously!) went berserk, awesome to be there for!

that would-a been cool, fer shure.
    been listening to the clips of jubilant boston fans on the radio today and hearin’ that new england accent always makes me smile….

a lovely contrast to the scenes in vangroovy.

Pigface
    Free Member

God I hate the Bruins, the worst team to ever win the Stanley Cup?

16stonepig
    Free Member

I’ve been to Boston for a few games, but only ever regular season, and only during the years the crowds were staying away in droves. Not much atmosphere. I gather it’s picked up a bit in the last couple of years.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Jesus Christ @ what’s going on in Vancouver. I canna believe it 🙂

themountaingoat
    Free Member

God I hate the Bruins, the worst team to ever win the Stanley Cup?

Not sure about that. They are one of the orignal 6 teams to form the NHL. They arent from the desert like some teams. I would say the Ducks were the worst team in respect they arent from a Hockey area,and are based on a Disney film .

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘NHL playoffs….’ is closed to new replies.