Viewing 29 posts - 81 through 109 (of 109 total)
  • NHL Hockey has begun (the annual attempt at a thread)
  • Pigface
    Free Member

Well this is turning into a personal thread but the Sabres beat the Avs last night and Eichel scored a cracker, picked up the puck behind his own blue line, meandered his way up the ice passing a bunch of Avalanche players and blamo in the net, proved to be the catalyst of a good performance.

Pigface
    Free Member

You dont see many of these 😆

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUnpy_i-syg[/video]

Sabres shut out the Blue Jackets 😆

Pigface
    Free Member

Jagr goes 3rd on the all time list? Amazing performance from one of the best there has ever been.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Jagr goes 3rd on the all time list? Amazing performance from one of the best there has ever been.

Jagr is the other ‘Great One’ AFAIC. 44 yrs old & still playing at an awesome standard! The guy’s a machine!

SaxonRider

@Pigface: I was just looking at the standings, and thought I would remark on how incredible it is to see the Sabres as high as they are. Right next to the Habs.

Must be your faithful support.

Pigface
    Free Member

Ha ha I think it is more of the Habs tanking 😆

Sabres win in overtime with 1 second left on the clock, Jack Eschel scored his 22nd of the year, he is one hell of a player.

Pigface
    Free Member

Guess who scored the winner tonight? Yes Jack Eschel now with 50 points this year, great for a rookie.

We also had another kid from a college Hudson Fasching score on his debut, things are looking up for the Sabres 😀

Pigface
    Free Member

Getting down to the fun part of the season, Wildcard race!!!!!!

Actually its a bit anticlimactic this year, Islanders, Flyers and Red Wings fighting it out in the East and Avalanche and Wild in the West. The teams behind are a bit too far behind to catch up. Don’t mind the Avalanche the rest leave me a bit cold.

Washington have killed it this year, really hope they pick up Stanleys cup.

Sorry for monopolizing this thread 😳

shermer75
    Free Member

Has anybody found a way to watch the NHL on Kodi?

Pigface
    Free Member

Sabres beat up on the Leafs 😆 everybody beats up on the Leafs

Pigface
    Free Member

Dear Lord the future looks bright for the Sabres, the kids win again 8) there is real promise in this team, time to get a bit carried away.

Stoner
    Free Member

Took Jr #1 to the end of season relegation playoff second leg between HCMAG (Morzine) and Nice last night. Went into it with a 4-2 win, made sure of staying up in the ligue magnus with a 5-4 win in the last 30 seconds. Allez les pinguins!

Have made it to 4 matches this season, but only losses for the first three.

Pigface
    Free Member

Now a point above the Habs 😆 I know it is a fight in the cellar but after enduring the last couple of years this is real progress. Go Sabres

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Looking at who’s clinched a spot I’ll be rooting for the Rangers seeing as there’s no Canadian teams in it. Useless gits. 😉

SaxonRider

With no Canadian teams – and indeed, hardly a team I’m interested in – it’ll have to be the Islanders and Black Hawks for me.

Pigface
    Free Member

Washington for me

Pigface
    Free Member

That’s a wrap, Sabres checked out of season with an OT win at the Islanders, it has been a great season compared with the dross of the last 3 years. The future is bright, another couple of years and we will be a really strong team.

Pigface
    Free Member

No one getting swept in the play offs

Jagr keeps rolling along

SaxonRider

I hope you’re right about Buffalo, Pigface. I have to admit, though, that I have pretty much zero interest in the current playoffs, as not a single team I like made it this year. I can tolerate Minnesota and Chicago in the West, and both NY teams in the East, but that’s hardly enough to sustain my attention.

Thank goodness for the spring classics in cycling!

Ah well. Here’s to a better 2016-17 season.

Pigface
    Free Member

Washington progress at the expence of the Flyers, up against the Penguins next.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I’ll still watch the finals but unfortunately now have no real affection for any team left. 🙁

Pigface
    Free Member

Washington fall at the hands or should that be Flippers (guffaw) of the Penguins 4 – 3 in OT, well that is my interest snuffed out.

Great thread Saxon thanks, i did monopolise it but let’s have another next season.

sootyandjim
    Free Member

Pigface
    Free Member

Harsh 😆

sootyandjim
    Free Member

One of the guys who plays on my ice hockey team is a massive Caps fan and a few years back I said to him Ovi would never win a Stanley Cup at Washington. So far I’m being proved right. 😉

The team I follow (Red Wings) seem to be finally feeling the effect of Bettmann’s meddling though. You can only succeed for so long against a system that rewards failure with favourable picks in the draft.

Pigface
    Free Member

Sharks V’s Penguins in the final, if it was nature it would be no contest. Struggling to have any interest in either.

Pigface
    Free Member

Gordie How died today 😥 RIP Mr Hockey

Pigface
    Free Member

Penguins win Stanley Cup

Saw the first 4 games *over the last two weeks, amazing hockey, so intense and skilfull. Was one of the best parts of my holiday.

* on TV 😀

Pigface
    Free Member

Ok the NHL has awarded a expansion franchise to Las Vegas 😯 FFS Vegas???????

all about the $$$$$$$$$$$$’s 🙁

Viewing 29 posts - 81 through 109 (of 109 total)

The topic ‘NHL Hockey has begun (the annual attempt at a thread)’ is closed to new replies.