Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 153 total)
  • NFL: SuperBowl 50 (And the race to it)
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Think we’ve not had an NFL thread this year.

I’m kicking this one off on the last week of regular season, and on the back of Pittsburgh making it through on the back of an easy win over Cleveland and the Bills pulling off an unlikely victory over the New York (J). Couldn’t quite believe I was watching the last two minutes and relying on the Bills’ defence to keep our season alive. 😀 Steelers more than capable of beating any of the AFC sides, but it’s a long road trip with only an offence (awesome offence as it is) so I can’t see them getting to SB50.

It’s been an amazing season so far. Plenty of stuff hanging on the outcomes of the games this weekend. AFC play-offs look wide open to me…both the Pats and Broncos (likely 1 & 2 seeds) have looked like they’ve been headed in a backwards direction in the last few weeks. Bengals might be missing Dalton for their first play-off (McCarron has looked dodgy too). Haven’t been paying a great deal of attention to the NFC…except to think that neither Arizona or Carolina are as good as their figures suggest.

How’s it been so far for you?

molgrips
    Free Member

We signed up for a 1 week trial of GamePass to watch one Packers game a few weeks ago, which they won. Then we cancelled it, and they lost to the Cardinals.

Don’t think they will get much further tbh.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Hangs on today mol – I reckon the Vikings might take the division though. And if they didn’t, not sure the Packers would compete all the way.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Snuck in the playoffs, but my Steelers won’t be holding aloft the trophy this season – far too inconsistent and the defense is shaky.

Chiefs look a decent team in the AFC and we’ll get out coached if not outplayed by NE if wind up playing them.

Houston are a bit of an enigma and could surprise a few, Cincy will falter with or without the ginger one!

Denver won’t go far.

Seattle could win it all, as they currently look strongest in the NFL as a whole.

Chiefs over Seattle in SB50 would be lovely, Steelers over Seattle in SB50 would be a shock!

Here We Go Steelers!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Here We Go Steelers!

Amen to that brother! 😀

EDIT: It really does seem wide open. Bungles are kinda my second team on account of a good mate, and I’d love to see them turn these last few years into something special. Unless they get the Steelers in the first round of post-season which currently looks likely.

Kuco

Longtime Carolina fan 😀 even stuck by them in 2001 when they went 1 -15 and it was only 2010 when it was 2-14 so nice to see them winning.

Carolinas biggest problem is they seem incapable of playing a full 4 quarters of football. To many times this season they have thrown big leads away.

Hadge
    Free Member

Well my Cowboys have had a terrible year without Romo at the helm. I think the Super Bowl will see Denver there and I’ve a sneaky feeling for the Seahawks too. They are coming good at the right time of the season and like Denver have a solid defence.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I’ve been watching a fair bit this year, spending a lot of time in ‘Murica as I am at the moment.

This guy is my highlight of the season so far;

When he’s playing, the Packers seem to be ripping up playbooks and playing it by ear, adapting and changing to suit the situation. Really exciting stuff.

(Still prefer watching college football, mind you!)

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’ve a sneaky feeling for the Seahawks too

Yeah, me too.

Funny how some teams have turned woeful starts into good finishes (Steelers included) and are coming strong at the right time.

Longtime Carolina fan even stuck by them in 2001 when they went 1 -15 and it was only 2010 when it was 2-14 so nice to see them winning.

It would be great to see them come out of the NFC. This is one of the beauties of NFL – the way teams like the Panthers can turn things around with a few years of top draft picks.

As I said, this season is really tough to call. Really think anyone in the play-offs could do it.

Kuco

I’d love to see them go to the Super Bowl but I doubt it will happen.

Two things I really like to see in a Super Bowl is a good close game and no New England Patriots.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

and no New England PatriotsCheatriots

FTFY

Amen to that!

Having said that, i didn’t mind them winning last year as I have a dislike for Seattle too, after all their whining after losing SB XL to us.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Four of the last five have been separated by just the one score. And SB48, while an utter obliteration, was beautiful in its demonstration of a D’s dominance over an O. IIRC it was the first time in a while that the NFL’s best O faced the best D. And crikey did the D win it. (And seeing Manning completely crumble was fun too.)

But yeah, please, no Patriots. 😡

andy4d

as along time redskins fan I am happy to see us back in the playoffs, all be it for a very short time 🙂 I am hoping we go there 9-7 and not 8-8 😳

gobuchul
    Free Member

Go Texans!

JJ Watt has got his left hand back as well.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

You’re there at 9-7. 😀 But to be fair, that division has been shit. There was a possibility a few weeks back that a team with a losing record was going through to the play-offs. 😯 But y’know, win your division and you’re in with a shout.

andy4d

aaargh spoiler alert.

Only kidding, woohoo 9-7 and beating the cowboys….go redskins.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Oops…sorry. 😳

timc
    Free Member

I’m a casual fan at most, bills my team though via family relations, nice final win!

Would love to see Carolina win it but feel they might come undone at the sharp end, could be a year where past experience really tells I think.

CountZero

Go Seahawks!
    The only contribution I have to give.

sweaman2
    Free Member

Sad to say I support the Saints so it hasn’t been a good season for me (again)

rOcKeTdOg

Redskins fan since 1982, amazed to see us win the division (not that hardship as most of the teams in it have been shocking) going to enjoy basking in that while it lasts

Pigface
    Free Member

Broncos Baby, Manning is back and all is rosy at the Mile High Stadium 😆 apart from an Offence that has stuttered all year, injuries and did I mention the Offence.

Defense rock solid but not enough to go all the way, Cam Newton to lift the Superbowl this year methinks.

BillOddie

Pats fan here, considering the state of our O-Line I don’t think this will be our year…

Cardinals vs maybe Denver in the Superbowl?

Looking at the AFC teams in the playoffs I don’t think you can discount any of them to be honest!

rOcKeTdOg

apart form the panthers it seems wide open this year, parity works! maybe F1 should use that model? 😆

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Interesting read for fans on how the players are paid during post-season.

So, who’ve you got?

Steelers at Bungles for me. Hard to call. If Dalton was back I’d definitely put my money on Cincin but they’ve got McCarron who’s been shaky since Dalton bust his thumb. So I’m going with heart. Steelers should win – they’ve got the QB with big game experience. But they’ve got a leaky D and it’s on the road.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

If Williams can’t play we are going to be passing it an awful lot,…Ben has been a bit shaky the last two games… and Bryant is in a funk too… AB can burn anyone barring Richard Sherman, if Ben is back on form we should win.

probably be another close contest, personally i think we will lose by 3

gobuchul
    Free Member

Terrible start by the Texans but it looks like it could be an interesting game.

rOcKeTdOg

Ouch, turn overseas will kill ya!

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

error strewn so far, KC defense bent a bit there before the turnover, so hope for the Texans.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

chucky commentating, love me some chucky 😀

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

WHISN, you staying up for the game tonight?

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

yup, meant to be asleep now 😕

Yourself?

hammerite
    Free Member

No way will the Texans win. AFC South is dire and I’m a Jags fan! I would say Houston are probably the weakest team in the playoffs.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Hopkins is quality, first time i’ve seen him this year

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

watt n wolfolk on o lol

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

should of jumped the pile ala Sweetness

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

ow dear 😕

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

time for sleep 🙂

hammerite
    Free Member

I type that, Houston go on a decent drive but it goes belly up with yards to go.

burnsybhoy
    Free Member

Is Hoyer really this bad normally?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 153 total)

The topic ‘NFL: SuperBowl 50 (And the race to it)’ is closed to new replies.