Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Nexus 7 broken screen, options?
  • votchy
    Free Member

My lad has cracked the screen on his nexus and lost much of the functionality, any options available for repairing or replacing?

weeksy

i sent mine back to Assus, they fixed it and sent back. It was in warranty though. They also wiped all info/apps etc.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtIFkIKtYf8[/video]

Is the LCD **** or just the digitizer that sits on top.?

lodious
    Free Member

I looked at this a few months ago, the only repair I could find was c.£170, so wasn’t really an option. I’d be interested to hear if things have got better since then.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

The LCD units don’t look cheap but a quick search on aliexpress comes up with the screens for around £100.

martinhutch

How did he break the screen? How old is it, and, if you look closely, has the screen lifted by a couple of millimetres from the bezel around where the crack starts?

I’m in the middle of this at the moment – both the lad’s Nexus (cracked screen) and my daughter’s Nexus have the ‘screen lift’ issue, so both are going back. I fully expect Google to take the p*** and attempt to get out of warranty replacement for the cracked one, even though it happened completely spontaneously when sat on the sofa! But it’s a Sale of Goods Act issue IMO.

votchy
    Free Member

Screen was broken whilst in his bag at school, so probably from being dropped or kicked, screen is still flush with bezel and there are no steps in the glass across the cracks, nexus is approx 4 months old, can’t see how I can do anything other than go down the repair route.

kimbers

a quick ebay shows 40 quid for glass or 80 quid if its the lcd too

fwiw
    my huawei ascend was 12 quid for new glass
    but him 1 of them next time!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Nexus 7 broken screen, options?’ is closed to new replies.