Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Next years training trends?
  • oldgit
    Free Member

Techno or Luddite?

Luddite, it seems to work for me. Start racing early and just ride & race all year.
    Also do I detect a slight whiff of going back to older methods ammongst the pros, or is it just because that’s what I want to hear.

shortcut

Ride more is the way forward!

Then when tired take a break, have a bath, eat food, wait a while and ride some more!

Pieface

Doing different stuff helps, like short fast sessions make your longer sessions faster.

iDave
    Free Member

I coach people using instinct/experience based on science/evidence.

Due to the focused nature of this, my own training is ‘well informed but unplanned brutality’ in nature.

Very little training ‘theory’ has actually been proven by quantified and peer-reviewed research.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

I’ll be going for the technoluddite approach.

_tom_
    Free Member

I’ll be getting a road bike again and building up the miles again. Can’t be arsed with a structured programme, doesn’t work for me. I’ll get a computer or gps thing as well, I find having it record my speed and mileage gives me incentive to push harder.

somouk
    Free Member

I need to be down to a better weight in 8 weeks and hopefully continue that with some training and maybe a race or two this year. I’ll be taking the scientific approach but making sure the core of my exercise is on the bike.

In my eyes, improved bike control and bike fitness can only come from hours in the saddle!

jumpupanddown
    Free Member

next year the Freds will ram energy gel up their asses for a speed boost.

13thfloormonk

I had a rubbish year with minor yet niggly injuries that didn’t really *stop* me riding, just put me off and ruined my consistency. So next year will be all about starting small and building up, mostly on the road bike, till the first Sportive in April.

I’m not really training though, just want to get back to doing long hilly rides in the highlands, at the moment I’m just sore and stiff on the bike and feeling like a man twice my age! Bloody office jobs… 😳

cynic-al
    Free Member

OP have you tried the alternative?

andypaul99
    Free Member

DEfinately going to work on bike skills, esp descending which has always been a weakness. Decided to ride more sportives and marathons next year rather than just keep going flat out round in circles!!!

Kuco

My only trend is to try to have an accident free year and not one that puts me off the bike for several months 😕

Gary_M
    Free Member

Well I’ve just bought a Garmin Edge 500 so I’m going to be looking at heart rates and cadence. Don’t know what I’ll do with it but I’ll look anyway. Although I would imagine it will involve riding slower and spinning faster.

oldgit
    Free Member

cynic-al, what’s the alternative?

My only trend is to try to have an accident free year and not one that puts me off the bike for several months

Ditto also.

Just done three hours old fashioned 20 seconds on 80 seconds off out and back along the A421. And had a recovery drink when I got in, which is about as techno as I’ll be getting.

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

More short intensive intervals and a lot more technical improvement for me.

lazybike
    Free Member

Just riding and racing for me…training = chore…

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Next years training trends?’ is closed to new replies.