Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Newton Abbot 456 Love-in
  • yunki
    Free Member

Hello to the bloke at Newton Abott racecourse today who came up to chat about my 456 and share his enthusiasm about his own 456 that he's all in love with..

I know exactly where you're coming from.. and my girlfriend just rolled her eyes and gave a knowing shrug.. she's seen it all before..
    my non-biking in-laws however.. were completely bemused and wondered if you were a confused autograph hunter..

I would say that I would hope to meet up at Devon Dirt to enthuse about our 456s a bit more and ride them on a more challenging terrain.. but I'm a bit gutted cos I found out that I'm very inconveniently gonna be otherwise engaged that day..

anyway.. nice day out for all the family today.. your appreciation was appreciated

bassspine
    Free Member

well, you have a very good example of a 456!

Glad you enjoyed the day, we worked hard to make it good.

yunki
    Free Member

top job..

the in-laws have been convinced to get out on their bikes more.. I discovered that my ability to ride a unicycle disappeared in conjunction with my grey hair arriving and we all got our bikes security marked for free..

thanks very much

those police bikes were severely lacking in maintenance though I noticed.. rustbuckets!

bassspine
    Free Member

heh, I spotted that too, rusty stanchions.

did you try the smoothie bike?

rOcKeTdOg

i thought all the men in Newton Abbott were related, certasinly looked like it when i frequented the pubs there

yunki
    Free Member

nope… missed the smoothie bike..

I scuttled away shamefacedly when I failed on the unicycle.. err… and as for the Newton Abbot inbreeding programme..? I'm not Newtons biggest fan and only visit under duress.. but in it's defence I imagine everyone looks relatively special when frequenting Devonshire pubs.. especially if you frequented the cider bar without training first.. why were you looking at all the men?

rOcKeTdOg

they were more attractive and less manly than the women

yunki
    Free Member

needs must I spose… any port in a storm

carlphillips
    Free Member

the cider bar is legendary!!! used to go in there to chill after nail surgery sessions in the hospital.

ianpinder
    Free Member

hat happened in newton abbot today? Was at Gaton myself. Is it happening tomorro, I need to pop to tescos

bassspine
    Free Member

it was a 'Cycle Fun Day' really aimed at getting leisure cyclists out on their bikes and encouraging non-cyclists to have a go. there's three more coming up

Saturday 24 April – Tavistock, The Meadows.

Monday 3 May – Barnstaple, Rock Park.

Saturday 29 May – Exmouth, King George V Playing Fields.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Newton Abbot 456 Love-in’ is closed to new replies.