Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • News shoes are killing my feet but can't figure out why?
  • flanagaj
    Free Member

I purchased a new pair of Giro Trans road shoes to replace my 10 year old pair of specialized shoes. The specialized shoes were an entry level shoe and I thought it was time to get a new pair of shoes with a stiff carbon sole.

The trouble is, the new Giro shoes leave me with awfully sore feet after 15 mins of riding. I have tried adjusting the cleats both forwards and backwards and side to side, but I cannot get rid of the pain that comes on down the outside edge of each foot. It is if the pressure of pedalling is being taken on the outside edge of the foot.

I have tried riding with shoes loose to makes sure it is not because they are too tight, but that makes no difference.

Any ideas, before I go back to wearing the old specialized shoes?

Thanks

plus-one

Give them time your feet won’t be used to the super stiff soles 🙂

legend
    Free Member

Sounds a lot like you’re about to have to enter the world of (perhaps custom) insoles. How does the new insole compare to the old one for a start?

MSP

were the old shoes BG? If so you are probably just used to the varius tilt.

somafunk

Try some super feet insoles (i use the carbon), the insoles that come with the vast majority of bike shoes are utter shite and only fit for the bin.

scaredypants

they might be too narrow

otherwise, maybe try the spesh insoles in there & see if they help

flanagaj
    Free Member

I will try the specialized insoles again, but I did have the same issue with them. They do feel quite snug on the width, but I usually come up narrow in most shoes.

P20

Could be just the wrong shape. Many years ago Adidas launched their new range and they looked fantastic and I’ve always got on well with their products. My feet hurt instantly, I was gutted.

Onzadog
    Free Member

As mentioned above, specialized bg shoes have an in built tilt. This can be replicated by wedges under the cleat or inside the shoe at the forefoot.

Bikefit at je james are what I’m thinking of.

spooky_b329

I was going to suggest the same as all the others, fitted insoles (the ones that come in a range of angles to suit your feet) or wedges under the cleats.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘News shoes are killing my feet but can't figure out why?’ is closed to new replies.