Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Newnham 60 route
  • julioflo
    Free Member

Is it too early for anyone to know the route yet? News article on the Newnham website indicates that the route will be cut to 30k laps due cutting down of the infected larch trees in Cann Woods….

rexated
    Free Member

If it is cut to half it's probably not worth the money for me….so I hope not, as I was looking forward to a long racey ride before the bristol oktober fest. i had heard a rumour that it was going to be staying mostly around the newnham valley due to this fungus thing though…didn't realise they might be cutting it short 🙁

julioflo
    Free Member

Sounds like it'll still be 60k, just two laps of a 30k route

julianwilson
    Free Member

yes, 2 laps of 30k. Alarmingly rapid felling/clearing in Cann at the moment cos of the plague! (not just larch trees either: according to my forestry mate they are the worst for spreading it though) 400-odd riders riding back into newnham doesn't sound like great infection control hence the 2 shorter laps.

Most of the bits in Cann and Shaugh wood were a bit monotonous and like any other forest plantation (often passing annoyingly close to but not actually riding along some top cheeky and less cheeky singletrack). The only bit I will miss from last year was that nice bit along the plym right at the far end of cann/shaugh woods (and the old DH track in shaugh from the year before).

I would rather do the rest of it twice than Cann twice.

Anyone else doing the night cx race on the saturday?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Newnham 60 route’ is closed to new replies.