Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Newcastleton worth a diversion on the way home from Mabie etc.?
  • FOG

Up in Galloway next week and have already had some useful tips about natural stuff to ride as well as 7Stanes. Do people think it’s worth a diversion to Newcastleton on the way home to Yorkshire? I had heard it was fairly tame but have read recently that there has been work done to extend the Red in particular. Anybody been recently?

deertrackdoctor
    Free Member

if you go you can do the red then do the blue which is actually really nice. also you can ride over to keilder and do some of both the two trail centres .

shredder
    Free Member

We did the same last year after a weekend doing Kirr / Dalbeattie / Mabie. It was ok and I would do it again, this year we came home via Whinlatter and rode North & South loops. Felt this was a better diversion on our last day / way home.

threeek
    Free Member

It’s ok, but if I was in that neck of the woods I’d sooner go to Kielder.

onehundredthidiot

Do anything but not keilder.

mikedoubleu
    Free Member

Drumlanrig?

Trekster

New bit from the village and the return section are reportedly good (built by http://www.upliftscotland.com/ )but I’m not keen on the rest 🙄
    Kielder, been twice, not going back.
    Drum as above, GT or Inners?
    Keswick is only 1/2hr from M6 to Whinlatter or the Borrowdale Bash?

onehundredthidiot

Give it a Newcastleton a go. If you’ve been ragging it round other stanes then you’ll enjoy the red, not as much climbing but enough pedaling to keep you working. The new start/end is good fun you’ll certainly finish grinning. If you’ve plenty of life in the legs then whinlatter.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Some natural stuff out of Penrith if you have a map.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Newcastleton worth a diversion on the way home from Mabie etc.?’ is closed to new replies.