Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 242 total)
  • Newcastle upon tyne
  • Kahurangi

Samuri – if you do fancy a trip out, I can lend you a bike for a trip with the Hexham bunch (ir_bandito's mixed crew), so long as you're +- a couple of inches form 5"10. Serious offer. 8 pm ish ride for a 11-12 pm finish.

Oh, and I'm moving out of Hexham, probably to Fenham in July. So I'm going to dig this thread out so you can take me riding new places.

BillyBull
    Free Member

Hamsterley black with hidden bits is good. Chopwell is good for something so near. Kielder is a OK but not worth the journey. Blanchland is good.

Mr Land how you doing?

samuri
    Free Member

Thanks for the offer Jon and Drac. It's just this week really, normally they give me a bigger car. I'm not sure the hotel would be happy about me wheeling a muddy mountain bike in, although I've been OK with them lookng after a pristine road bike before now.

If something is being organised for next week give a heads up and I'll make sure I have the right sized car and can easily change my night in Newcastle from Tuesday to Wednesday.

dr_death
    Free Member

Naffed off with work BillyBull, yourself?

Drac

On hols next week I reckon Wednesday is ok if you fancy a rude thrunton or Rothbury. Both are good I may good for the tuesday still but course is at Hexham not Newcastle like I thought.

P20

So is there a ride up at Thrunton 7ish tomorrow night? Might be up for that

Drac

It's not a definate I don't think.

toons
    Free Member

I'm still ok for tonight?

Stumpi
    Free Member

Wow, now there's a response. Am hoping to be up in time to ride tonight but if not deffinitely tomorrow. Would love a guide and by the looks of it Chopwell and Thrunton seen to be the best options.

You can text me on 07775 642731.

Dave

Drac

I'll keep an eye on this thread whilst out and about today. If it's on and I can get then up for it, nights tomorrow night though.

toons
    Free Member

Carbon337, P20, Dr Death, Darc\others meet at Thrunton main car park at 7:15?

carbon337
    Free Member

Me too

toons
    Free Member

Sorry!

I was in up the night looking after sick kids, so go easy on me.

Stumpi
    Free Member

Ok, am hoping to get up for 7.15, although my meeting has now been put back 2 hours! Grr.

Is there a postcode/road name to head for?

Alternatively, if I can't make it on time tonight I'm deffo in for tomorrow anytime from about 4 onwards.

Dave

Drac

Right will try to make it as if the evening is half as nice as it is this am it'll be spot on.

toons
    Free Member

Stumpi I’m flexible on time, do you want to push it back?

Where you staying?

bigger

Stumpi
    Free Member

Ok, update for me is that theres no way for me to get there at a reasonable time. If I leave Milton Keynes at 4.30 I won't get to Thrunton until after 9, Bugger! I hate people that move meetings.

Toons, I'm on for tomorrow night if anyone can ride and I'd love to ride Thrunton.

Sorry messing y'all about, bloody customers! If you're riding tonight, have a goodun.

toons
    Free Member

Wednesday is tricky for me, as the misses doesn't get home until 19:30, so won't make it until 20:15, is that too late?

BTW I'm still riding tonight as well.

Stumpi
    Free Member

I'll do my best for tonight but doubt it. 20.15 may be a bit late tomorrow as I'll be done by 4.
    Will update as I get on, thanks for being so accomodating.

Drac

Bugger can't help you tomorrow night either.

carbon337
    Free Member

i can only do tonight and even then my legs are shafted after overdoing it at the gym last night.

P20

Tonight sounds good. I'm in

toons
    Free Member

BTW jack, Si has made you out to be a Thrunton God 😉

P20

Lol. What's he after?
    Is he up for tonight?

toons
    Free Member

Unfortunately not, he's got an early start tomorrow, off Wales.

Drac

Not looking likely for me now, kids want some fish and chips from the Harbour chippy after swinning and want to eat them at Warkworth.

carbon337
    Free Member

do you go to the granary pool – thats the gym i go to

Drac

Yup we do nice little pool and the lessons are better.

There just about every Tuesday with my eldest but have both tonight so they want they're tea out and about.

carbon337
    Free Member

LOL – I've got all that to come to…

Drac

Yeah it does slow things down a little sometimes but I still get out and starting to get out more again. It's just how can I say "No your not" when it's such a lovely night and I'm working the next 2.

Have a ride planned for Saturday so looking forward to that and plan on doing a biggish one.

IanHorsley
    Free Member

Hi Guys I'm a dedicated trail builder at Thrunton one of a group of around 30 or so regulars maintaining the trails.
    We only ride there on the assurance we keep it low profile and the FC work with us to this end.
    Thrunton is privately owned and we have to tread careful to keep everyone on side by all means enjoy the trails but please keep it away from the social network to much attention wont be good for the trails we are trying hard to keep pace with the amount of visitors so if you could keep it to word of mouth we would appreciate it very much
    Maybe meet one weekend and show you the real beauty of Thrunton Woods

Drac

To be fair Ian no on has mentioned anything about Thrunton other than you can ride there only you have mentioned the trails, people have been riding there for years way before trails were built as you know. It's a well known place and has even been used for races in the past, these were even televised. What I have noticed though it has become very very popular since the trails were built so slightly a victim of their success. Annoyingly were the illegal uplifts I've witnessed which now seem under control.

Whilst I'm very supportive of keeping these trails to a minimum Thrunton is not an unheard of place. Mind it was nice when there use to only a handful of us that rode there regular.

Stumpi
    Free Member

So, how was it tonight, beautiful evening.
    Anyone out, anywhere tomorrow?

carbon337
    Free Member

Was very nice only two riding in the end but shhh don't talk about it it's secret! 😉

toons
    Free Member

Was a cracking ride.

Sorry Stumpi can't make tomorrow.

bigger

bigger

bigger

Drac

Perfect night you had, didn't get away from Amble until 7 as kids wanted to play with our friends kids who came to the pool to meet their mother. Ah well!

golfcurry
    Free Member

Thrunton

There'll be a reserved for the regulars sign popping up next.
    sshh keep it quiet.

Stumpi
    Free Member

So tonight, anyone, I'm desperate and have time to spend.

I can of course find my own way from the carpark, but it'd be great to have some company.

Let me know, will be free from about 4-5

Oh, and tea/beer/whatever on mee if there is a guide about…. 😀
    Dave

Drac

Wish I could but working tonight, so you really don't want me turning up. 😆

Stumpi
    Free Member

Toons,

Am heading up to your suggested location. Printed the map.
    Drop me a text if you want to hook up and can get out
    07775 642731

I'm off.

Dave

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 242 total)

The topic ‘Newcastle upon tyne’ is closed to new replies.