Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Newbie saying hello
  • andyb72
    Free Member

Just thought id say hi since loitering for a while. Been in and out of cycling for years but now in my 40’s back into MTB xc. Bought a Voodoo last year ( dont flame me!) for the frame and since changed it all, so now running 1×10 , carbon forks and generally uprated everything even more done since the image, so i have a nice light 29er. Im not enjoying getting back into the rough stuff on a full rigid but thats all i ever rode and so is all i know! Doing the Peak district challenge this september so lots of training going on!
    Anyways hope to contribute more in the future!

Cheers

Andy

mudmonster
    Free Member

Hello and welcome Andy.

scaredypants

Hi
    I remember riding rigid 26″ round the peak(/s) a long time ago. Good luck if 29’s anything like that was !

andyb72
    Free Member

I’ve rode in the peaks lots since being born and raised up there but age seems to have this habit of making you think too much about if.I’m going to hurt myself! I can.cope Ok just have to take it a little easier and so far the bikes held up on all the bad rocky stuff saying that I really need to upgrade the wheels as I’m not confident in the stock rims!

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Nice to meet you! May the wind always be at your back.

crapjumper
    Free Member

Welcome mate

user-removed
    Free Member

Purposeful looking bike – ideal for the riding you describe. Your lawn could do with a chop though…

What are the forks? Mrs Removed’s Carrera has a horrible set of Suntours which weigh about the same as Mars and I keep promising to replace them with something lightweight and carbon.

chris_db
    Free Member

Good on you and welcome!

gordimhor

Hello , it’s a pretty good forum really , except for bampots like gordimhor 😉

andyb72
    Free Member

thanks guys,
    the forks for the member asking are the Exotic carbon ones. Did a fair bit of research and couldn’t afford the sweet looking niners so went for these. Made at the same factory as the other major manufacturers and so far have taken a fair bit of abuse and large drops.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Newbie saying hello’ is closed to new replies.