Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • New Years Holiday Cottage/Barn
  • dav1d
    Free Member

Have recently had the idea of getting a bunch of friends together (somewhere in the region of 10-20) to stay in a holiday cottage/barn style place for a few nights over New Years.

Anyone done this before and have any recommendations?

Somewhere in England/Wales, not too far north preferably as we’re mostly located down south, and I like the idea of somewhere relatively remote but not too bothered.

And have I left it too late to book this?

Drac

Yeah we did it about 10 years ago now, stayed near Malaig with a load of friends and their kids for a week. Was great we set fireworks off at Midnight and the locals loved it.

wrightyson
    Free Member

We also did it 10 yrs ago this yr. there was 9 adults and our 9mnth old. Stayed up near high force waterfall on a remote hillside. Loads of beer/food and my first encounter with a log burner! It snowed like **** new years day and we sledged in the dark 6 up on a huge sheet of polythene we found in one of the outhouses! Good times!!

alanf
    Free Member

I have done this with Friends a few times in Wales and the lake district.
    The good places will be booked up early so if you’re looking for this year then you may struggle to find anywhere decent for that many people.
    We booked places for 2 years in advance but that was the extreme, usually though the early part of the year is the best time to get a good venue sorted. We had similar numbers to you.
    You’ll have a great time though. They are always events looked back on with great fondness.

dav1d
    Free Member

Any more specific recommendations of places to stay?

Googling seems to throw up loads of websites and results, there do seem to be some available at least.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘New Years Holiday Cottage/Barn’ is closed to new replies.