Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • New XC Build………
  • majorclanger
    Free Member

Just waiting for a few bits and then I can finish the build. Very, very excited! Note especially the galvanised jubilee clip holding the forks on………….. 🙂

Rorschach
    Free Member

That…looks….AMAZING…..how light.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Pics appear! 🙂

nicko74

Nice garden. But that saddle’s really going to hurt, and I think if you went with bigger wheels they might a) be visible and b) roll better over rocky stuff.

Non-matching headset and seatclamp btw – lose 1 point.

majorclanger
    Free Member

Aah… Flashheart, may I introduce you to Bob?!

Thanks Rorschach, glad you like it. Not sure on weight yet but I’m hoping for close to 22lbs. It won’t be super-skinny but then neither am I!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Bob?

Wahey! 🙂

majorclanger
    Free Member

“Non-matching headset and seatclamp btw – lose 1 point. “

Ah but I’m ahead of you……. The Hope one is already on order. Just hope I can find another jubilee clip to match.

o96192083
    Free Member

looks great

kiwijohn

Thumbs up. Steel HT. Proper size wheels.

br
    Free Member

Not sure on weight yet but I’m hoping for close to 22lbs

Somewhere like 25lbs would be a good guess.

Kryton57

Nice. Just out of interest is that an F100 or 120?

Just had a 100mm Sid for my Ti Ego build arrive this morning, with weights from t’internet I’m hoping for a 22lb build myself.

o96192083
    Free Member

I just build up an alu f120 build, with pro2/flows, and it’s bang on 24lbs, so with a slightly heavier frame, shorter forks, unless you scrimp on decent wheels, I’d say maybe 24lbs is reasonable to expect.

^and they look like f100’s to me.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

They are lovely, I had one I bought from merlin cycles a couple of years ago. They ride fantastic, but I went on and swapped to a stiffee. I would always use a chain stay protector as the paint isn’t the toughest.
    Enjoy 😀

deluded
    Free Member

Yeah, like the look of that. Love HJ’s – got one myself. Looking forward to the complete build pics.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘New XC Build………’ is closed to new replies.