Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • New Winter Shorts…
  • BillOddie

Need some new long-ish shorts for winter, not necessarily waterproof as I run quite warm and I think waterproof shorts would end up to be boil in the baggy. (see what I did there)

Stiff nylon moto type shorts tend to be quite good as they don’t absorb water. Any recommendations?

Was looking at the Dakine 8-Tracks on CRC which come in at £50 or so with discount code.

Oh! Be good if I could get them through CRC as I have vouchers!

slowoldman

Endura MT500 spray come in shorts or 3/4.

Northwind

I’m a sweaty mofo and tbh, I don’t find my waterproof shorts that hot. Hotter than my normal lightweight shorts (and unvented), but I don’t think any heavier than heavyweight nonwaterproof shorts

z1ppy

Gunna ignore most of your post and say Altura Attack 3/4’s, yes they’re warm but that what you want from a winter short isn’t it? Only ever found them sweaty in summer, happy to wear them over lycra longs during the really cold months.

qwerty
    Free Member

Altura Sheild? Breathable front / waterproof bum.

chakaping
    Free Member

Royal Turbulence shorts are good for wet-ish riding if you can get them discounted, not worth the RRP of £90-odd though.

fathomer

Sorry for the thread hijack but how do the MT500 3/4’s work with knee pads?

And to answer the OP, I don’t know as I’ve got Madison Addicts and normal MT500’s but there both a little short (not to short) if I’m honest 😀

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

i bought some TLD Moto shorts recently for the very same reason. have not worn them yet but they look & feel pretty bomb proof!

superfli
    Free Member

Altura Attack 3/4. One of my best bike related purchases 🙂 I dont find them hot at all.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘New Winter Shorts…’ is closed to new replies.