Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • New Whippet build
  • JamieMc
    Free Member

Finally got it built up and been for a wee thrash for a pint of milk. Acceleration is phenomenal. Maiden voyage onto the rough stuff tonight

Let loose with your comments on the garden, neighbours garden etc etc

Rosss
    Free Member

God that looks stunning! I’ve been fighting an argue to buy a whippet frame for months now and this really isn’t helping. Got any ideas on weight?

sambob
    Free Member

Very nice, garden very good apart from the leaves by the wall, get them sorted.

sefton
    Free Member

NICE BUILD!

You lay that stone yourself?

shed roof is asking to get blown off in a storm 😉

awh
    Free Member

Looks great, front tyre is on backwards though 🙂

GSuperstar
    Free Member

Really does look nice! I like that the red is almost subtle, not as ‘in your face’ as most colour accents.

Top job.

edd

Like the red cables. Nice build.

eyerideit
    Free Member

nice! I’ve been eyeing up a whippet frame as well.

But isn’t 1300g a bit lardy 😉

As Ross asks , what’s she coming in at (assuming you’ve assigned a gender to your bike)?

Garry_Lager

Nice build Jamie. I have the whippet in white and prefer that black colour tbh.

The whippet doesn’t seem that light to me – I’m not arsed as I’m not that light myself, but if you were looking for a really lightweight frame it might not fit the bill.

simon1975

Very nice. Let down a little by the previously-used chainstay protector 😉

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I think it looks a mess!!!
    you need a proper drystone wall builder to sort that out, or start again.

JamieMc
    Free Member

Only just noticed that i have indeed put both of the tyres on backwards. If only i noticed before i put the sealant in!

No idea what it weighs, im not too bothered either. At 1300g it isnt the lightest carbon frame about but for £300 im not going to complain. Lighter than the previous frame i swaped out though. The bolt through forks are a shade on the heavy side for a weight weenies built too.

JamieMc
    Free Member

P.S. Dyke is indeed a disgrace. Keeps the dog fenced in ok though so thats all that matters

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘New Whippet build’ is closed to new replies.