Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • New Wheels….looking for ideas
  • matt23
    Free Member

Hi guys, ain’t been on here for a few months so apologies!

Anyway looking at up grading the wheels and was looking for some ideas……budget £500 ride a Blur TRc trail riding South Wales area. Currently riding Havens can’t fault them in all honesty and would be happy with a new set but have heard a lot of problems with the Havens so maybe I have been lucky! Anyway ur ideas much appreciated.

Also looking for a 740mm bar any suggestions? There are so many!!

Cheers,

mboy
    Free Member

Sunline V1 for the bars, or Easton Havoc if you can’t get the Sunlines any more.

DT Swiss 240 hubs on Stans Flows with DT comp spokes for the wheels. You’ll not regret it!

matt23
    Free Member

Have been looking at the 240’s cheers mboy!

matt23
    Free Member

Bump??

hambl90
    Free Member

sunline v1 bars

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Nothing wrong with Hope. I’d suggest Pro 2 or Pro 2 evo on arch rims. If you can find some BULBs then they are better 🙂 Not touched mine in years despite plenty hard riding.

hambl90
    Free Member

never spent that much on a frame let alone wheels, i ride cwmcarn every week and ive had no problems with my superstar am rims with switch evo hubs, they take a good thrashing.multiple axle choices with front and rear hubs too.

matt23
    Free Member

Any more??

colin27
    Free Member

Mavic Crossmax ST – you’ll be lucky to find anything as light, stiff and strong as those.

robsoctane
    Free Member

Another vote for Stans Arch EX on Hope 2 Evo’s. really strong and reliable wheel with a decent cost vs weight. Multiple colour choices too if that’s your thing… Mine are White rims with red hubs, perfect!

njee20
    Free Member

+1 on DT 240s on your choice of rim: Crest, Arch Ex or Flow depending on your riding style.

Pridds

Sunline V1 on the bars. SJS seem to have the best selection of sizes available
    http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/sunline-v-one-os-19-mm-rise-handlebars-prod27301/?src=froogle
    Maybe a set of Mavic SX’s from Actionpsorts.de They work out to about £460
    http://www.actionsports.de/gb/Wheels/System-Wheels/Mavic-Crossmax-SX-Disc-Wheelset-12781314::39625.html
    Great wheels, seem to last better than the ST’s as well

stevede
    Free Member

Arch ex on 240’s would be a lovely build but doubt they’d be inside op’s budget. Hope pro2/arch ex would be with plenty if change for some carbon havoc or haven bars.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘New Wheels….looking for ideas’ is closed to new replies.