Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • New wheelset advice please….
  • snoopdog
    Free Member

looking to invest in a new wheelset for my Spesh Pitch Pro. I’m liking the look of a set of Hope Hoops but unsure of which rims. DT/Mavic/Stans?

I’m 14st and want the wheels to be capapble of Alps/Welsh missions.

I’ve also looked into the whole tubeless thing and i’m unsure if my Maxxis HR 2.35 single plys will be work with Stans Flow Rims.

Help and advice on the matter welcome.

unsponsored
    Free Member

I have been looking at just the same thing. Have gone for a set of Stans flow with Pro II hubs. Will hopefully have them Tuesday/Wednesday. Decided on a set of Conti Rubber Queen 2.2’s to go with them. This will be my 1st set of tubeless!

snoopdog
    Free Member

cheers – where did you get them from out of interest?

z1ppy

check out wheelpro, not the cheapest but his “guarantee” if pretty damned good.

grumm
    Free Member

I just got Mavic 719/819 for my Pitch with ProII hubs – seem nice and tough (I’m 16 stone and clumsy).

On another thread people said they had a normal HR working fine with the 819 rim, and ghetto working fine with the 719, but I’ve not tried it yet.

unsponsored
    Free Member

Wheel pro. He takes care of the seal strips and valves, plus gives the wheels a tweak. Cost is retail but worth it for the extra bits and backup.

trickydisco
    Free Member

Just got a set of ope pro3 on ztr355’s from wheelpro.. very very happy

steve_b77
    Free Member

I had Pro II’s with DT5.1’s on my Pitch, never put a foot wrong.

I know people say the DT rims are made of cheese but I haven’t dinged them yet and I’m not teh most gifted of riders out there.

BTW I’m 13st

Another option os the Mavic 521, slightly heavier than the DT5.1 but alot stronger

giantjason
    Free Member

i got mavic 819 on hope pro II with Maxxis HR on front and Ignitor on rear and have been well impressed with them so far.

i have ridden everything from Wales/Peaks/Sierra Nevada and not a mark on them yet.

snoopdog
    Free Member

cheers guys. went for pro II’s $ stans flows in the end. the dude @ wheelpro was very convincing over the phone and recommened the setup….

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘New wheelset advice please….’ is closed to new replies.