Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • New wheels needed. Tubeless?
  • mlke
    Free Member

I’m upgrading some wheels. I’ve not tried tubeless tyres yet and am tempted.
    If I hate tubeless and want to use my old tyres then will tubeless rims be compatable with oldy fashioned tubesNtyres?

mlke
    Free Member

thoughts anyone?

meeeee
    Free Member

yeah normal tyres n tubes works fine (well it does on my mavic 819’s)

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Yeah – tubeless are good, I think anyway! Been using them for the last 6 years or so and only had one problem (when my rear tyre exploded at the bottom of the Climax Trail… to be fair I suspect that anything would have been destroyed when I surveyed the damage!)

audiophile
    Free Member

Yeah, if you’re worried though get Stan’s rims as they’re designed to be tubeless using non tubeless tyres.

Northwind

The best tubeless rims are great rims that just happen to be tubeless… Some can be a sod, frinstance the Bontrager tubeless conversion kit can make it very hard to remove tyres. But Stans and Mavic won’t give you any bother at all.

UK-FLATLANDER

Big thumbs up for tubeless – use it on all but my road bike – no contest for be especially if you ride anywhere with lots of thorns

devs
    Free Member

Stans Flows with yellow tape and normal tyres = happy devs!

z1ppy

I went tubeless as I got a set on a 2nd hand bike, and have rebuilt another wheelset using them too. No idea, why as there no more or less reliable than any other tyres I’ve used (conditions round here don’t require running low pressure). Though factor in the cost of a compressor, for when you really get “annoyed” trying to seat them.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘New wheels needed. Tubeless?’ is closed to new replies.