Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • New Wheel Set for circa £250-£300 – Hope Hoops?
  • cardiff
    Free Member

Afternoon all, I’ve saved some cash up to get a new set of wheels that my bike really needs, rear freehub sticking etc, plus there are wheels for rim breaks. Never brough a wheel set before but have been told that hope hoops would be a good way to go!

Want to buy them made up, but not sure where to start, there seems to be a load of choice in terms of the hub/ rim/ spokes! Is there anything I should avoid/ look for?

Also any recomendations on shops to look at?

Cheers

tpbiker
    Free Member

Moonglu were pretty good for hope stuff, you can mix and match the colours as well if thats your thing.

If you are looking to save a few pennys then Merlin have a cracking deal on Stans 355s on XT hubs, although they only offer a 15mm front axel option…but they are only 150 quid for both!!!!

cardiff
    Free Member

Cheers will have a look at Moonglu and see whats what. Don’t think the 15mm front axel would do for me I’ve got normal axel type, but cheers for mentioning that otherwise mgiht have forgoten!

Murray

18 Bikes sorted me out some lovely gold Pro 2 hubs with Crest rims. Nice guys to deal with.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Try merlin cycles, I have had a couple of wheels frem them, top quality. Very helpful if you need advice too.

peli

winstanleys cheapest i could find for hope hoops and delivered quick aswell.

althepal

The bike chain or progressive bikes always seem to have good deals.. They’re on here as well so have a search for their threads.
    They always seem friendly and helpful on here, sure they’d be happy to chat to you- they always seemed to have good prices when I was looking before Christmas.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Hope certainly have a lot of fans and I’m putting some on my bike, they do compete wheelsets so it takes away a lot of the complexity in terms of speccing components. Big plus is maintainence / bearing replacement is easy and relatively cheap.

cardiff
    Free Member

Cheers for your help guys, am definatly looknig for complete sets, looks like Pro 2 hubs in my price range then depending on the shop I go for, rim’s of some description!

Anyone know what the difference between pro2 and 3 hubs is?

Cheers

Trekster

Spotted some evo 2 hub bed mavic rims for £329 @ Biketreks this afternoon

cardiff
    Free Member

Just to re-life this slightly!

Can anyone confirm that if I was to go Hope Pro 2 on stans I could chuck tubes in, then when I go about getting new tyers, switch to tubeless?

Been quoted £330 built by local bike shop for the set, does this sound about right? Hmm just found them elsewhere for £279.99 with either Stanns Crests or Flows. Anyone know what the difference in these two is!?

Thanks

SBrock
    Free Member

Can anyone confirm that if I was to go Hope Pro 2 on stans I could chuck tubes in, then when I go about getting new

Yes of course, that’s the beauty of Stans

cardiff
    Free Member

Excllent! Cheers thats what I was hoping to hear! Sounds like this is the way forward! 😀

SBrock
    Free Member

When you do go tubeless, watch the Stans set up video

SBrock
    Free Member

Flows AM/DH

Crest XC

toxicsoks
    Free Member
    faz083
    Free Member

pro2/flows

/thread.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘New Wheel Set for circa £250-£300 – Hope Hoops?’ is closed to new replies.