Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • new watch day
  • racefaceec90

i have always loved g shock watches but never had one until now.

just got one of these bad boys from argos

http://www.argos.co.uk/product/5532353

i love it i have to say 😀

my other watch is an old timex atlantis that i have had for over 20 years i think. when i saw this was in the sale i had to get it (i think £80.00 is a good deal considering what the watch has).

now i just need to figure out the tide time for bristol (as probably the closest to the sea where i live) and the phase of the moon also.

the good thing about this watch for me is it’s solar powered and should automatically update watch due to receiving a radio signal from an atomic clock or something.

now i have to go and start doing exercise/diving/judo e.t.c as it built for toughness and surviving harsh treatment.

i tells ya i feel like a real man now 😛

Wookster

Like that!! I love my G shock it’s well bartered now and maybe even on it’s way out but it’s a great bit of kit!!

nicko74

now i just need to figure out the tide time for bristol (as probably the closest to the sea where i live) and the phase of the moon also.

Ah, you’re a squid fisherman sailing out of Bristol, eh, so needed something with both tide and moon phases? 😉
    Nice watch! I have puny wrists so avoided G-Shocks for a while, but they’re timeless bits of kit

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

but they’re timeless bits of kit

That’s a shame, they look quite good

racefaceec90

nicko74 lol

i have really skinny wrists i have to admit but the watch is actually very comfortable and also very light to wear too.

tomhoward

they’re timeless bits of kit

Be honest, that’s not the best feature of a watch, is it…

DrP

If you have small wrists..check out the gw-m5610…

Lovely watch and smaller than most of the range!

DrP

Jamie
    Free Member

I only like the gw-m5610 or gw-m5600. All the others look a bit erm…dramatic.

Plus the shitting date order always pisses me off. How hard would it be to allow EU/UK bods to swap the format? Grrr!

trail_rat
    Free Member

I’ve always liked the look of g shocks

I’ve had a couple over the years.

What I don’t like is how much they protrude from your wrist.

Get caught on shirt/jacket sleeves etc or in-between alternators and engine blocks……

So i always end up back on the nice slim Taliban special.

funkmasterp

Did it come with an instruction book the size of a bible? I miss my G-shock, great watches

racefaceec90

funkmasterp it did indeed

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘new watch day’ is closed to new replies.