Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • New VW Caddy van – any info?
  • piha
    Free Member

I might be in the market for a new VW Caddy Maxi after ready through the brochure. The new version that is coming out would make a perfect work van and double up very nicely as a bike van too, especially the Sportline version.I have popped round to my local dealer and they didn't have any definite info on prices,launch or delivery dates. Dealer told me that they should have been out now.

So,a couple of questions, is anybody running the new version of the VW Transporter and is the new engine (as is going in the new Caddy) much better than the old engine?

Thanks in advance.
    Anybody got any info on when the new Caddy will be available?

white101

We run a fleet of around 12 07-57 caddys, great motors, a few of them are over 100k now and have had very few issues with them.
    I have used one for a couple of weekend trips away with the bikes, ideal for 2 bikes camping gear and changing room.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

We use caddys and I have 2 maxis delivered soon, so far they have been reliable since we started using them on 07 plates and better than the connects and combos that they replaced

NZCol

I borrowed one about 6 weeks ago. Now, i'll get flamed for this but i don;t care because it has to be said – you either need a wheelchair in the back or the Pope. There, i've said it.

It drove OK, was reasonably appointed but i struggle to see what benefit there is over a good size estate or station wagon, certainly for the time i had and i had my bike in it a few times the upside of the van didn't make up for all the downsides of it. Have a look on the Brick Yard there is info there. I did also drive a T5.1 with the new single turbo engine, it was lovely but **** me they are expensive.

Muke
    Free Member

We had uprated rear springs retrofitted to our Caddys and it made a huge difference.They used to bounce down the road before despite being well within the weight limit.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘New VW Caddy van – any info?’ is closed to new replies.