Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • New voodoo bizango
  • jeffl

I was looking at getting the Bizango but with various discounts and so forth I was able to pickup a Bokor for £544 today. The bike was already reduced by 20% there was was an extra 10% off bikes at Halfords today and I also aded the 10% British Cycling discount as well, bargain!

Gave it a quick fettle after getting the kids to bed and took it out for a short local spin. So far I’m really impressed. Much lighter than my old inbred, which is to be expeced but it’s so much more fun and much happier to change direction and generally behave like a hooligan. It even comes with decent Maxxis Ardent tyres. Only oddity is that the crankset which is SRAM NX appears to use an older style powerspline BB, but that’s not a biggie. Oh and the saddle will need swapping out for me. Overall well happy.

Oh it also has a bolt through rear axle, not sure of diamater as I haven’t measured it yet.

Poopscoop

Nice looking bike mate, love that colour too!

chubbs88
    Free Member

What frame size did you get? I’m 5’11 so thinking 18, problem is I’m about 40 miles from a store and I’m going to get it delivered and build it myself.. cheers

kelron
    Free Member

Yeah probably 18 unless you have long legs. I’m 6’2, 34 inside leg on the 20″.

chubbs88
    Free Member

32 inside leg so 20 would be like a barge I reckon. Thanks. Have been trying to decide between boardman pro 29er or bokor as with all discounts the boardman would be about 150 more. Any thoughts on if the extra is worth it?.

mattyfez

I have suntour epixons on my bike, I really like them, they are one model up from the Raidon, which the Mrs has on her bike, you can tell they are a lower model but the seem decent enough to me.

Suntour just seem to have gotten a bit of a bad rep as thier low end coil forks like xct are not that great, but are fitted to a lot of off the shelf bikes to keep cost down. Thier air forks are as good as anything at thier respective price points IMO.

kelron
    Free Member

I’ve not ridden the Boardman so only going off the spec sheet. The Boardman is a lot lighter and the components look great for the price. The frame geometry is slightly more XC-oriented, but I’m not sure how much difference it makes. MBR review mentions this as the only real downside to the bike, but still loved it

I can only speak for the Bizango (think the Bokor is the same frame) but it’s been brilliant as a new rider, and I’ve felt comfortable riding it over much more technical terrain than I would have attempted a year ago. It is on the heavy side but I have another bike I prefer for mixed road/off-road rides, and I mainly take it to trail centres or messing around in the woods.

If I only had one I might be inclined towards the Boardman, but it depends how and where you’re planning to ride. I don’t think you’d be disappointed with either.

chubbs88
    Free Member

Thanks for the reply. Final question I take it if I wanted to do more than just fast xc I would choose the 18 in boardman? As this would mean it could be used for more technical stuff? Sorry I’m a boob but don’t want to land myself with the wrong one!

kelron
    Free Member

If you can’t get to a store to sit on some I suppose you’ll have to go by the size guide on the site, which suggests the 19″ Boardman for you.

People talk a lot about getting the right bike fit, and it is important, but I found it really hard to tell when I started riding off road. I don’t know what kind of riding you do now, but it took me a few months to get used to moving around on the bike and finding the right neutral position. Until I’d figured that out the bike never quite felt like it fit me, but now it’s great.

jeffl

Can’t comment on the Boardman but as mentioned above it depends what sort of terrain and riding you want to do. If I was still living in the Chilterns I’d go for the Boardman, but now living near the Peaks I went for the Bokor.

<span style=”font-size: 0.8rem;”>Bokor is the same frame as the Bizango</span>

<span style=”font-size: 0.8rem;”>I’m 6′ 5″ so went for the 22″.</span>

jeffl

Just in case anyone comes back to this thread I managed to get the standard tyres and rims setup tubeless using gorilla tape and stans sealant.

cookci
    Free Member

With a change of tyres the boardman can handle most things limited mainly by the rider. Running a high roller 2 upfront and minion ss on the back, it descends really well and climbs even better,

grayduff
    Free Member

Has anyone fitted a dropper post to the 2018 model, it says you can fit a stealth dropper post, but cant see how its internal ??

grayduff
    Free Member

RE THE ABOVE DOES ANYBODY KNOW WAT SIZE I NEED DROP THAT IS ?

coomber
    Free Member

Take your current seatpost out and see what’s stamped on it. Guessing its 31.6

dove1

About 15 seconds on Google revealed it is 31.6mm. Drop depends on what you want and how much seat post you currently have exposed.

coomber
    Free Member

There’s even a link on the op post showing it’s 31.6!

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘New voodoo bizango’ is closed to new replies.