Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • New turbo
  • LeeW

My turbo has given up the ghost – I’m sure it’s that and not my legs. There’re some good deals at CRC at the moment on turbo trainers and rollers with resistance, anyone able to offer an opinion on using resistance rollers?

I’ve used rollers in the past but found they were great for technique but not really hard training, thinking the resistance ones would bridge the gap?

barrykellett
    Free Member

budget?

mrblobby
    Free Member

I had the PX/SportsCrafters resistance rollers. Found them to be very hard work. That combination of resistance and very low inertia, it’s bit like always riding uphill. Might be ok if that’s the sort of riding you are training for.

LeeW

Ah, no more than £300 to be honest, the rollers I’m looking at are around £200 to £250.

I just want to be able to do some structured training, I have a programme to work to which allows me to swap out sessions with actual rides, indoor trainer will mainly be intervals.

mrblobby
    Free Member

If you’ve not used resistance rollers before and are thinking of spending a reasonable amount of cash on them I’d definitely suggest borrowing a set and trying them out for a while first.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Tacx Vortex

LeeW

Yeah, I’ve thought of that MrB but no one I know has any.

bullandbladder
    Free Member

Tacx Vortex is <£300 and very excellent.

teamslug
    Free Member

+1 Tacx Vortex and Zwift

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

and Zwift and trainer road 😉

wilburt
    Free Member

Halfords have a Tacx model called Flow, I cant see how its different from the vortex but its smart and £200

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Flow isn’t smart, it’s just an electric brake controlled from handlebar. Smarts controlled by software

https://www.tacx.com/products/trainers/flow

gray

There is a smart Flow, only available in Halfords and Decathlon. I think the only real difference between that and the Vortex is the maximum resistance (bit higher on Vortex).

wilburt
    Free Member

And with a BC discount its £180 so tempting other than my zwift use has been nil since the clocks changed.

timbo678
    Free Member

Just started using a vortex and it’s great, I stupidly bought two by mistake (thought I’d get outbid and didn’t on the first one!

It’s a proper step up from my old bog standard turbo! I’ll post a link to some photos tomorrow but if you want first dibs before it goes on eBay, it’s yours for £200

Thanks

timbo678
    Free Member

As promised – http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/-/141953331108? I’ll do it for £200 if wanted

Thakns

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘New turbo’ is closed to new replies.