Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 85 total)
  • New truck time – can't decide colour
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

the orange is lovely

breadcrumb

How about one of these?

Suits you sir.

mickmcd
    Free Member

I nearly got the orange one till I realised it looks like a giant Chicken nugget.

Linky not working breadcrumb, but can see where it’s going.

Some of the subtler done ones look ok, but most are OTT and stupid money

munrobiker
    Free Member

Black, since you don’t own anything that isn’t black!

Also, the orange is a bit posery for a pick up that does a job.

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

Not saying this applies to the OP, but the drivers of these type of vehicles seem to be the worse on the road – tailgating, speeding, reckless unpatient manoeuvres and general bullying other road users. Maybe it’s the ‘macho’ Rambo image of the largely completely unnecessary vehicle that attracts the sort of Neanderthal that carries on their general aggressive behaviour whilst out on the road.

Anyway to answer the question, choose the colour that matches the bull bars 😉

As I said I’m sure the OP is a perfectly sensible and reasonable gent and the above stereotypes don’t apply to him. 😉

Black, since you don’t own anything that isn’t black!

True, almost bought one of these the other day though, but all sold out in large – actually don’t fancy the black version of the Shan

geoffj

The bronze looks good. I miss my ranger 😥

takisawa2

Not the orange/brown one.
    My mate has a Scenic in Excrementa.
    It’s hideous.
    Something as mean looking as a this needs to be black.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Both are radically improved in the looms department with the raptor grill

Colleague has the black 3.2 with all the trimmings .

Very nice motor pulls well when it works .

Similar experience to the guy above. Lots of niggles a couple of which have left him wielding spanners at the side of the road.

Also torque limited in 1st and 2nd gear to stop you munching your box. Which is great unless you tow . Stupid design. You can get it remapped to remove it but then you risk munching the box. Lose lose situation

Both are radically improved in the looks department with the raptor grill

Not sure I agree…

trail_rat
    Free Member

That ain’t no raptor grill that’s a mess.

My colleague removed all the chrome surround and has a propper horizontal bar with embossed ford writing on it. Just as the real raptor has.

Looks the tits compared to standard UK grill.

tinybits
    Free Member

Saw a bronze one the other day – looked good. Although that had a snorkel and massive mud tyres and I suspect jacked up suspension as well. I’d never have another black vehicle – they show every spec of dirt.

It really doesn’t matter what vehicle is mentioned on here, the haterz come out to play…

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Ute

Nope, we aren’t in Oz aphex…

At least we aren’t in South Africa either – they call them Buckies

LadyGresley
    Free Member

I opened this thread to see the pretty coloured lorries, then found he meant pickups
    I is disappointed.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Bakkie not Buckie’s .

Buckie’s where you get telt to go around here instead of saying **** off

“Away tae Buckie”

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yup, the Orange one..

breadcrumb

I think black would be a mistake.
    It will look clean for about 2 minutes.

I’d be looking for a grey or blue personally.

TheDTs
    Free Member

Go for the black and get it vinyl wrapped in any other colour.
    Are you having the auto or manual? I have the manual Limited in the old shape and would prefer an auto with the larger engine. I have spoken to a few owners of both the 2.2 and the 3L ones and we all seem to be getting about the same MPG..
    That Merc (Nissan) one looks great from the outside but the inside looks dreadful.
    It’s a Truck, by the way.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Scania is a truck. And that looks like no scania.

Although good be worse. Could be calling it a jeep. Its not that either. 🙂

The ‘black’ truck in the OP is actually grey, just looks dark.

Definitely auto DT – although the 6sp auto box is supposed to be a bit crappy. Have a 7sp auto in my Navara

TheDTs
    Free Member

Are you going to pop a top on the back. It comes with a roll top doesn’t it. I can recommend the Truckman one. Easy to safely fit a couple bikes in with the full size top on the back.

therag
    Free Member

I’ve got hilux with a back & a l200, both crew cab trucks for work. I wouldn’t buy either, they just do loads of jobs badly. They’re like a car, but squashed for passengers, handler badly and are big to park. They can go off road, but not as good as a specific 4×4. You can put bikes in, but with wheels off and nowhere near as good as a van.

anagallis_arvensis

Get a pink one.

jimjam
    Free Member

unknown – Member

truck

😆

[/quote]

Rorschach

It’s not a ‘truck’……we’re not in ‘murica.
    It’s a pickup.

It’s a PICKUP-TRUCK. You can shorten it to “pickup” or “truck” and most people (internet pedants aside) will call it a jeep. Which it definitely isn’t.

trail_rat

Scania is a truck.

No, that’s a lorry.

Anyway, get black.

anagallis_arvensis

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AFjrWPLAx4c[/video]

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

truck (tr?k)
    n
    1. (Railways) Brit a vehicle for carrying freight on a railway; wagon
    2. US and Canadian and Austral a large motor vehicle designed to carry heavy loads, esp one with a flat platform. Also called (esp in Britain): lorry
    3. (Railways) a frame carrying two or more pairs of wheels and usually springs and brakes, attached under an end of a railway coach, etc
    4. (Nautical Terms) nautical
    a. a disc-shaped block fixed to the head of a mast having sheave holes for receiving signal halyards
    b. the head of a mast itself
    5. any wheeled vehicle used to move goods

For all those smartarses who are too smart for their own good, Brit Eng lists a truck as being of the railway (and/or any wheeled vehicle used to move goods). Stick you Scania on tracks, sir.
    I still wouldn´t have the brown one.

fanatic278
    Free Member

Seems to be a bit of hate for trucks here. Here’s my dilemma. I’m self employed and want a new vehicle. What I want is a hybrid Mitsubishi PHEV, but it costs a fortune. On the other hand, a truck is half the price. These are really the only two logical options if you want to buy it through the company. Up here in Aberdeenshire it seems most people have gone with the truck option.

What would you do? Flame away.

unknown
    Free Member

FWIW I didn’t actually say it couldn’t be called a truck, I was just laughing at the people who do.

jimjam
    Free Member

captainsasquatch

For all those smartarses who are too smart for their own good, Brit Eng…..

There’s something slightly pathetic about Brits who seem to have a pathological aversion to any form of Americanism.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

There’s something slightly pathetic about Brits who seem to have a pathological aversion to any form of Americanism.

I would have pointed that out earlier, but Americans don´t do present perfect, do they? 😀

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Orange – always fancied one myself but went with the Vito this time…

That new Merc truck looks fantastic though.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I thought a pick up truck was a truck with the hook thing on gage back to pick up things
    A flat bed was a truck with a flat bed
    A truck was also a Larry and a way to fix wheels to a skate board.

**** me! Different people use the same word for different things.

still black btw. Looks great clean. Looks dirty immediately but it is a truck so that’s still great. Black is still the new black, orange is only the new black if you a a woman watching a prison series and have ‘interest’ in investigating you inner self

corroded
    Free Member

Never mind the colour: how much is it for the stickers that say ‘Predator’ or ‘Warrior’??

Nico
    Free Member

Orange. And it’s a pickup lorry.

neilc1881
    Free Member

Another “truck” owner here. My Izuzu is black and always looks filthy. Shows scratches unless polished (never happens) but then pretty much anything will show scratches when it’s slid through a hedge and under a line of barb!

Neighbour of ours has the orange Ford. Looks smart and more than a little flash compared to usual beat-up Izusu,Landy or Hilux’s round these parts.

To an American a “truck” is a lorry.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

. the head of a mast itself

mmm…

andyl
    Free Member

Seems to be a bit of hate for trucks here. Here’s my dilemma. I’m self employed and want a new vehicle. What I want is a hybrid Mitsubishi PHEV, but it costs a fortune. On the other hand, a truck is half the price. These are really the only two logical options if you want to buy it through the company. Up here in Aberdeenshire it seems most people have gone with the truck option.
    What would you do? Flame away.

The phev has dreadful MPG when the petrol engine kicks in.

Been looking at pickups myself as co contracting as a ltd company and I do sheep farming on the side so it would be handy.

v8ninety

My Land Rover is officially a ‘truck; utility, light’. And people call it a jeep. To me it’s the car, the jalopy, the motor, the truck, or the landy. It’s not a pick up, because it’s not a pick up truck. None of these things really matter. Go figure. 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 85 total)

The topic ‘New truck time – can't decide colour’ is closed to new replies.