Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • New Trek Rumblefish build pics
  • robarnold
    Free Member

Been waiting since October for this bad boy so you could say i’m a smidge excited for its first ride tonight. Many Pimped parts added since it arrived yesterday and now put on forum (see advert: http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/slx-2012-3-x-10-groupset-2012-slx-brakes-29er-wheels-more-all-new-unused

Steerer to be chopped down after tonight when I know it’s not too short hopefully.

Fence could do with a lick of paint.

Junior adding his stamp of approval:

kayak23

I’m not sure the gaps in the fence are entirely equidistant, but that is a very nice looking bike. Is it a raw finish? Looks great.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

That does look nice.

What size is it, and how tall are you?

mboy
    Free Member

VERY VERY nice…

If that’s a 17.5″ keep your eyes out for me on the trails, and be prepared to fight me off… You have been warned!!! 😉

fenred
    Free Member

Lovely build!

Be sure to post up a review after shakedown ride 8)

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Thats really quite lush, its amazing how much better it looks from stock with just a few bits. should have kept the SLX brakes though, nicer than the old XT 😉

bikebouy
    Free Member

Me Mucho Likeeee

robarnold
    Free Member

Well, first ride done and I’m smiling fom ear to ear.

It really is a chameleon of a bike: It climbs as well as the likes of a Trek Fuel or Stumpy 26er of old but when you point it downhill it has the hallmark of something with far greater travel, maybe my old 09 Remedy with 160mm Fox 36s on the front or a Lapierre Spicy of the same year that felt like a mini DH bike.

With a coupe of tweaks of the shock and fork pressures it is going to be perfect. Roll on the summer!

Ps. It’s a 17.5inch and I’m 5ft 8 ish

mboy
    Free Member

Ps. It’s a 17.5inch and I’m 5ft 8 ish

Good… Cos might has right, and I’m at least 2 inches taller than you…

Ooooh, you use a Spesh Phenom saddle too, there’s something else I wouldn’t have to change! I just need to remember to put my shoes with Shimano cleats on not the Crank Bros ones…

Now where did you say you live? 😉

Sorry, getting more than a little carried away. Was just looking at the Rumblefishes again last night on Trek’s website, having had a quick spin on a 2009/10 one about 18 months ago, they are one of the very few full sus bikes I really would like to own. And the current one, in the nice raw finish, looks even better, and you’ve tarted it up with some even better parts!!! 😛

stufield
    Free Member

can’t wait for mine to arrive, was looking at similar bits, glad to see one out there, more piccies please

rOcKeTdOg

Looks very in proportion for a 29er, did it cost that much that your wife has to go without shoes though?

GaryLake
    Free Member

That’s lovely! Very tidy!

stevio

aaaaaaaaagh, must not look Rob – Rumblefish Pro has the same paintjob as my Fuel EX8 – i was wondering if Claire would notice if i got one…..

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Very good pic. Fence in good condition, gravel neat and tidy and paving all in order. Cranks aligned for photo as are the tyre logo’s. 10/10!

Although there looks to be a bit of dampness to the right but nothing that can’t be corrected easily.

robarnold
    Free Member

LOL at Chunky 😀

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Garden has been photoshopped for neatness. 😀

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘New Trek Rumblefish build pics’ is closed to new replies.