Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • New Transition Patrol Carbon….
  • rickon
    Free Member

Hi chaps,

Has anyone seen any info about the new Transition Patrol Carbon for 2016? Seen some info here:

2016 Transition Carbon Patrol

Can’t seem to find much else… Was there anything at Core Bike? I’d be interested to see if they’ve sorted out the short ETT and reach.

Cheers

Ricks

chiefgrooveguru

Looks nice but not sure what you mean about short reach, it’s just normal! Same as all their current bikes and would have been considered long only a year ago. ETT is comparatively short on anything with such a steep seat angle unless the stack height is huge (like on some 29ers).

poah
    Free Member

it doesnt have a short reach and ETT is kinda irrelavant.

rickon
    Free Member

D’oh, was looking at the wrong size. Bloody geometry charts!

Anyway… Any more info anywhere that anyone’s seen?

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

They’ve only just publically shown it, it was down on the Transition stand in the village at Crankworx all day yesterday so I expect more info will come shortly.

I expect it’s exactly the same geometry as the aluminium one, just a bit lighter & a bit more expensive. It looked quite nice though, apart from the bowed down tube which looked a bit odd.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

looks like a good bike for a season

darrenspink
    Free Member

No release date, no spec, no prices. So a late 2016 one I reckon.

rickon
    Free Member

looks like a good bike for a season

Yay! I’ve got a stalker 🙂

pigyn
    Free Member

If the reach is too low then just go up a size, I am 5ft 9 on a tall day and could ride a large or even an xl if I wanted, but mine is still going to be a medium.

Full launch is soon 😀

fathomer

Now, hows about a carbon Scout please, pretty please 😀

bigjim

reach is proportionally the same as my bike dude, so definitely not short!

^^pigyn will be blatting around on one soon, I might have to touch it a bit.

I’m betting 20 credits there’ll be a carbon smuggler and scout too, just further down the line.

drovercycles
    Free Member

No release date, no spec, no prices. So a late 2016 one I reckon.

You may be pleasantly surprised… medium frames will be here next month, other sizes in December.

I’m betting 20 credits there’ll be a carbon smuggler and scout too, just further down the line.

I’d say that’s a safe bet if (as we all expect) the carbon Patrol goes down well.

darrenspink
    Free Member

You may be pleasantly surprised… medium frames will be here next month, other sizes in December.

Nope, because that means I haven’t got enough time to save up. 🙂

Have they mentioned frame prices yet?

RickDraper
    Free Member

It does look very nice. If I had not got a Dune XR Carbon on the way I’d be having one of these, I still might if I sell my Nomad lol.

rickon
    Free Member

Oi! BigJim, I was looking at the wrong size on the geometry chart. Do you not read the other comments?! Hrrrrumpfffffh.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘New Transition Patrol Carbon….’ is closed to new replies.