Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • New Trails over Cwmcarn?
  • cubemeup
    Free Member

as it says guys, they are saying that a 25km trail is going to be put in over cwmcarn and a new dh trail. i know Rowan got the design contract but have you got any idea which side they are going to put them and with only £250k is there another pot of $$ to pull from?

looking at the both side of the mountain one side is a lot higher than the other but i cant see them putting two dh tracks one the cwmcarn side but i might be wrong!

LoCo
    Free Member

Apparantly xc on l/h side looking up valley and another DH on current side, would share lower section probably, this maybe wrong.

cubemeup
    Free Member

so using the old footing of the Dragon DH track

wasnt the xc trail supose to be on the left hand side first off?

brakes
    Free Member

I heard at the weekend that Wales is getting £50m all in, to develop forestry/ biking centres and trails
    Cwmcarn DH will be closed next year whilst they rebuild – don’t suppose there’s any chance that they will shortern the uplift route?

cubemeup
    Free Member

i think darryl will use the old pedalhounds track while its closed otherwsie he will kiss bye bye to his business im guessing!!

as for £50m im sure they would rebuild merthyr first!! haha
    i thought it was £5m? i heard that rowan said a second hand gondela would cost £1.5m and the other people who can service/fix have to come from switzerland so i really cant see there being one at Gethin the locals would nick the seats!

bazzer
    Free Member

I really hope Daryl has been consulted and there is a plan in place to reduce the impact to his business. People travel along way to do the uplift and many camp in the summer. So it is of benefit to the local area as well as to Daryl. I would be gutted if the Cwmcarn uplift got closed 🙁

cubemeup
    Free Member

says on there they have started on 1st aprill i guess thats just the design i know they need to do something with the carpark at cwmcarn

llama

I think another DH would be great, just the one is not enough to keep me interested for the whole day tbh

cubemeup
    Free Member

the new xc trail is going to 25km so i expect the loop of two of them would be 40km.

CTC mission is mainly tidying up the twrch and mojo dh and maybe the dragon for the time being i would think. the forestry have put logs over the track

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘New Trails over Cwmcarn?’ is closed to new replies.