Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • New Trail Centre opening in Longmynd
  • tankslapper
    Free Member

Have you any evidence about this new trail centre bumley?

bumley
    Free Member

Yes tankslapper I do………..

Go to there website – http://www.blazingbikes.co.uk

tankslapper
    Free Member

Is that the Station Inn at Marshbrook? I've biked from there in the past although mainly around the Hope Valley not up onto the Mynd.

No one seems to have heard about it in Shrewsbury – but heh! There's always a first time! 😆

bumley
    Free Member

Yep thats the one!

walleater

Rootes, aye that's me. I'm trying to think of someone who rode a GT back in the day (Bobby Blake had Zizang….). Are you extremely tall, made some really crap home made lights and ran over a car once?

rootes1

<< walleater – Member

Rootes, aye that's me. I'm trying to think of someone who rode a GT back in the day (Bobby Blake had Zizang….). Are you extremely tall, made some really crap home made lights and ran over a car once? >>

Hello Mr Waters,

yer all my bikes were garden gate sized 22" cannondales, large zaskar (inc suntour xp pro etc)

yep nothing like getting your amp hour calcs wrong and getting stuck in the dark at Haughmond Hill lol – no car running these days… grown up now

yep Si Trickett here.. only got back into mtb last year after a l o n g break

yes the blake brothers – bobby and russ – gnarly dudes more money than sense though 😉

how is tricks with you? how are your knees? any stupid fast driving in crap old peugeots?

Si

walleater

Reet mon,

I suddenly remembered it was you because you posted up about Collins Boy having to turn the ring pull sideways because his nose was so big (LOL) and that you worked at the shop.

It was my back that fecked up in the end, giving my leg grief but many years not not riding and getting really stoned seemed to help and I got back into it around 2000. Came out to Canada to be a guide in Whistler and now I'm happily married and living in Vancouver.

Where are you these days (just tried stalking you on Facebook but couldn't see you…)? Funny that I remembered the car incident but in a childish way that was so awesome 😉

jedi

this wont be a trail center with man made trails. it will be all the facitlies in one place to attract mtbers to the natural trails

tankslapper
    Free Member

Jedi

Nowt wrong with that – frankly I think it's pretty future proof and not open to vagaries of FC run site if budgetary cuts come.

It's what Stu and his missus have done at the Dales MTB Centre and done very well.

Speshpaul

"No one seems to have heard about it in Shrewsbury – but heh! There's always a first time! "

Other than it being in the Shropshire Star.

Its more along the lines of a base (pub,shop lodging etc) being promoted in existing trails.

And good luck to him.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Rootes 1/Trickett….Oh my god…it all comes flooding back.I seem to remember you "inventing" the cassette comb/cleaner thing only for it nicked by Mr Crud a short while later.Its only a matter of time and stupidity until theres a full on msw reunion eh Will?

tankslapper
    Free Member

speshpaul

I'd worked it all out by this stage 😆

We don't read the Shropshire Star this side of the border 😉

jedi

personally i think its a great idea

walleater

WTF is a "Rorschach"?

Good evening bright pink Funk rider.

walleater

As for the facility, great is it's something small scale, but I can't think of any trails that can take a load of mountain bikers hooning down them other than some of the wide gravelly ones. Look at the state of Manton Bitch these days.

snakebite
    Free Member

Minton has been 'mended' a bit too… 😥

YellowBelly
    Free Member

You can't beat the bargin' out of date snacks at the Stiperstones shop. I'm sure I saw a marathon for sale in there recently (pre-snickers prototype).

Longmynd trail centre wont happen as its 95% owned by National Trust. I can see guided riding riding a viable go-er, but that will be only on the legal stuff, right?

bumley
    Free Member

Yellow Belly – It is happening, thats a fact! Trail centre is on privately owner land and the national trust are fully aware and supportive!

walleater

It'd be pretty cool if something was set up west of Minton Batch in the Forestry Commission run hairier. Various fireroads there so easy to create a linked trail system.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Oi walleater…..The Rorschach test is a psychological test in which subjects' perceptions of inkblots are recorded and analyzed using psychological interpretation and complex scientifically derived algorithms.It is employed to detect underlying thought disorders.Everyday is a schoolday………

rootes1

<<Rootes 1/Trickett….Oh my god…it all comes flooding back.I seem to remember you "inventing" the cassette comb/cleaner thing only for it nicked by Mr Crud a short while later.Its only a matter of time and stupidity until theres a full on msw reunion eh Will? >>

yep still bitter about that crud claw 😆

thing is does anyone use a crud claw these days or has it gone the way of white dog poo?

go on then rorschach what is your real name – can't put a name to a pick funk

Si

rootes1

Will,

<<Where are you these days (just tried stalking you on Facebook but couldn't see you…)? Funny that I remembered the car incident but in a childish way that was so awesome >>

must start using this facebook thing..

working in london these days and living (if you can call it that) in Woking

scruff
    Free Member

Mintons more betterer now theyve done some work on it though. Perhaps this is good.

Will, theres a few trails in there still, ones me and B looked at are a bit sh1t though.

Jedi, keep to your southern shandy trails please.

jedi

pmsl @ scruff

patentlywill
    Free Member

opening in May 2010 according to this

camping pods
    Outdoor Pursuits Centre

Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘New Trail Centre opening in Longmynd’ is closed to new replies.