Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • New Toy – Niner EMD
  • bobalong
    Free Member

I’ve finally given in and am going to give this 29er riding a go.

I’ve just finished building this little (beauty?) bike.

First ride on Wednesday will either see lots of shiny parts for sale or another bike in the downstairs bathroom!

Will I get the big wheel bug from one ride?[IMG]http://i795.photobucket.com/albums/yy240/Bobalong_photos/692c5330.jpg[/IMG]

Big thanks to Bol for the loan of his spare wheels, they are lovely!

baldSpot
    Free Member

nice that

onereallynicespeed
    Free Member

nice lookin bike bob.

keavo
    Free Member

i didn’t get the big wheel bug in one ride on a fisher rig. took a few weeks to see some benefits then a few months before i got another (niner sir9) and that was it. sold all 26er stuff.

amplebrew

The Niner looks really great 🙂

Bet you can’t wait to take it out for a spin.

It took me around a month of riding my Big Unit to fall for the bigger wheels.

sambob
    Free Member

Me likey.

belugabob
    Free Member

Well, I might as well keep the Bob quota, up for this thread, by contributing my comment.

Find some lumpy swoop stuff, and just throw the 29er at it – you’ll be out the other side in no time, with a massive grin on your face. Just be careful though, or you may find that you’ll be pushing your skill boundaries. I certainly had one or two ‘Whoa, Bob’ moments on Sunday.

P.S. looked at the EMD myself, but couldn’t justify the cost – hope you enjoy it.

thats_not_my_name
    Free Member

Nice. Was that the small frame that was on eBay recently?

bobalong
    Free Member

Wow, what a lot of Bob’s!

I’m really excited about my first ride, my only concern is thats it’s my first ride rigid for 18 years too.

I’m sort of worried that I’ll like big wheels and want to sell my dream ‘proper’ wheeled bike.

Now Ive got the bike, the next big decision is what beard to go for. Any suggestions Bob?

bobalong
    Free Member

It’s a shiny new medium!

It does look small, but it’s quite long in the top tube. It’s longer than my soda, so I’ve fitted a 70mm stem.

Really excited!

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Nice, those are spendy forks too 😯

belugabob
    Free Member

Beard?

Zoom in on the lead rider in this picture for my taste in beards.

thats_not_my_name
    Free Member

Oops, sorry! It was the same colour as the one on eBay, so I put 2 and 2 together and got 5;)

Nice bike all the same. Enjoy.

shinsplints

Like.
    Be prepared to sell your 26″ bikes within 2 weeks.

bol

I like it. My bet is that you will too and I’ll have my wheels back by next weekend because you’ve taken delivery of some spangley lightweight replacements. I hope so, ’cause I want to be able to ride my RIP in Wales. 😉

matt_outandabout

I miss my EMD 😥

Brake-neck
    Free Member

Looking good! Had my first couple of rides on my EMD at the weekend, trust me mate you’ll love it 😉 BTW whatever you do, get helitape on it, the paint is cheese.
    Belugabob, CRC were flogging them for £249 last week.

belugabob
    Free Member

Brake-neck,

Thanks for the top-off, but It’s a bit late, as I now have a rather nice Gary Fisher 29er that I built up from one of their cheaper models, in order to get the spec that I wanted.
    Building another bike isn’t really an option at the moment as…
    A) I can’t spare the money
    B) I have no space to store more bikes
    C) The divorce costs would reduce future bike funds 😉

Fuzzyfelt
    Free Member

Here’s mine, great bike, really enjoying it. About to get some carbon forks and go 1×10; also with flat bars now. Need to take a new piccy – that one from back in bluebell season when the bike was new (to me). Built from stw class’ apart from new wheels. Paint work seems to have held-up pretty good on mine.

tk46hal
    Free Member

Nice bike!
    I always wanted a Niner, probably the Air 9 though, but too much money!

partyboy
    Free Member

Fuzzyfelt, thats the first bike I have seen that actually suits white rims, well done!

bobalong
    Free Member

Those white wheels do look good – i tried come on mine, but without white forks it looked a little odd.

With Bol needing his wheels back soon i best start looking for some nice ones. Anyone with a spare DT240s build or just hubs?

partyboy
    Free Member

Those white wheels do look good – i tried come on mine, but without white forks it looked a little odd.

Brilliant Freudian slip there!

bobalong
    Free Member

Classic error – New bikes get me excited, but not that excited!

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘New Toy – Niner EMD’ is closed to new replies.