Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • New to cannock chase
  • andybrad

So were having a “work” outing to cannock chase in january. Jut a few of us. Both of the other guys are seriously fitter than me. Ones on a 29er old rumblfish and the other on a 5 speed hardtail with bombers. Both suggest they know the place well with the guy with the hardtail saying its his old “stomping ground” whatever that means.

Apparently we will be doing follow the dog and the monkey trail.

So whats it like? am i likely to die? is it technical/hard/deathonastick? The only trail centers ive tried are llandegla which i found to be very fast and flowy and Gizburn that was just like a normal ride out but with less mud. Is there antyhing that might catch me out or anything worth practicing before i get my ass handed to me on a plate.

cheers

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

If you’ve been to Llandegla and Gisburn, you’ll be fine. TBH it’s a bit of both, but nothing is going to kill you, a couple of black sections to make you think but there’s routes to avoid them. I was at Cannock today and it was riding well.

jekkyl

what blazin said, Cannocks easy, everything bar the worst black stuff is all rollable, great fun, going to cannock is always a treat. Plenty of places to get your wheels off the ground too.

funkybaj
    Free Member

I was there today too Blazin, haven’t been since the summer, trails seemed in great nick. Did a lap of the monkey and a play at Stile Cop, only seen a handful of other folks.

andybrad

cool puts m mind at rest, just need to sabotage their bikes/legs now so i can keep up

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Don’t let it fool you though, there’s near 400m of climbing per lap of the monkey trail. I very rarely go over the follow the dog side these days.

Small word funky, I was on the black Turner with purple hubs, might have seen you?

Rosss
    Free Member

I was there today too riding a bright yellow ibis! It rides better with a bit of mud on it.

gamerriley
    Free Member

Prefer to ride all the unofficial stuff on the Chase myself, lots of old singletrack if you know where to look. The dog and monkey are good, just gets too busy at times.

rOcKeTdOg

If your bars are wider than 780mm a few parts will be entertaining

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘New to cannock chase’ is closed to new replies.