Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • New Tablet just for browsing the net
  • simmy
    Free Member

Ironically I thought I’d better not post on the other ” how old is your tablet thread ” as it would be tempting fate.

My I pad was new in 2012 and works fine for I cloud pictures etc but can’t cope with Google and Internet anymore.

Especially on Newspaper websites were you get loads of Ads, it just crashes.

I can’t afford another I pad so I’m just after a tablet to browse internet on and I will keep the I pad for I cloud etc.

So doesn’t have to be Apple, need it to run in Wi-Fi only not with a sim in it just cheap as possible.

Any recommendations please ?

pnik

How cheap is cheap? Budget samsung ones are alright, havent any experience of the really cheap ones. The tesco hudl thing always gets good feedback, but i dont know if thats available at the moment.

That said my brother bought a really cheap hong kong android tablet and it was pretty awful.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

I’m surprised a 4 year old iPad is having trouble to be honest. Have you checked what it’s worth second hand? You might find once you’ve sold the current one on eBay you can afford a new iPad. Prices have just dropped.

My guess is that anything really cheap you buy will probably be worse than what you’ve got now.

flowr1der661
    Free Member

Fisrts question is whats your budget, second question is which OS to run from Android

xora

Good thing about Android is you can run firefox with plugins, including ones that “enhance” the ad experience.

Murray

Hudl’s not available anymore. Amazon Fire is cheap as chips (from £34.99) and works fine. You can sideload the Google Play store so you’re not stuck with the Amazon store.

Murray

The Fire is also more responsive than my iPad 2.

nealglover
    Free Member

I had a mini the same age and had the same issues.

I reset to factory settings, and then only installed the apps I actually used (not much)

Also installed an ad blocker app. That gets used for reading news online, as you say, rather ad heavy.

Worked fine after that.

weeksy

Lenovo via Argos outlet on eBay. Does just the job.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Especially on Newspaper websites were you get loads of Ads, it just crashes

Look for 1blocker in App Store.

flashinthepan
    Free Member

I’ve a similar problem with my iPad 2 (bought in 2012). It’s now unusably slow for the net, typing lags, takes an age to load etc, etc

I bought a Kindle Fire for £40. It’s not fast, but it’s much better than the iPad 2 – and for approx. 10% of the price.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘New Tablet just for browsing the net’ is closed to new replies.