Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • New Swinely Bit
  • cinnamon_girl

Everyone – forge is a bit late for April Fool’s Day! It’s a kiddies trail with a shonky bridge – don’t waste your time on it cos the other side of the forest is better for fun 👿

Well done to the BOB/Gorrick people for their hard work. Polite request: could that nasty ditch be made safe for me please?

Reluctant
    Free Member

Proper job! Lovely new section of trail that rides well in both directions and links in well with the existing stuff. Big thanks to all involved with the work, it’s much appreciated. 😀

forge197
    Free Member

cg – just because I found it before you 😈 Take it you went out to investigate this afternoon then ? There is a down and up very mini bomb-hole that is quite tight.

fu_manchu- YGM

cinnamon_girl

forge – yeah, couldn’t help myself! Rode it in both directions 5 times but couldn’t do the bridge both ways cos of the tight turn. That makes the correct direction starting from almost opposite the tank trap 😉

Nearly had a nasty in the ditch and as for those hairpins …

Love it 8)

forge197
    Free Member

cg – bridge works both ways for sure but not so good in reverse, I didn’t the first time but second time I did it was fine. Berms on that trail are great 🙂

heihei

Woohoo – hopefully there tomorrow night, which should be fun as it’ll be my first nightride there and I struggle enough in the daylight!!

cinnamon_girl

heihei – immediately you leave the bridge there is a sharp lefthand turn, you have been warned 😉

forge – ah, I can see I need to practice!

dobo
    Free Member

i rode the full length of the new bit that leads to the tanks traps for the first time last week, now i see i was a few yards from even newer stuff…will have to check this out friday

WipeOut
    Free Member

I managed to clear bomb hole with my young son on the back of the bike in a child seat. It is a bit tight.

cinnamon_girl

forge – practice completed, have nailed the bridge in the opposite direction! Was a bit wobbly the first time but rode it again and again 🙄

WipeOut – is your little lad OK? He won’t be wanting to go out with his dad again after that 😉

Love it even more 8)

forge197
    Free Member

Good work CG

anjs
    Free Member

Another thumbs up from me to. Nice to have a really tight technical trail quite different from a lot of the other yellow brick roads at Swinley. Cheers BOB and Gorrick.

fingerbike
    Free Member

Rode today, very nice section, and was a busy bit of trail, rode down it twice on the ride each time passing a few people coming the other way.

cinnamon_girl

fingerbike – I had the trail to myself this morning, may possibly have been my squealing/swearing that scared people away though 😀

fingerbike
    Free Member

practice makes perfect, good to have some challenging stuff in there… Think I might have to try and get out earlier this week then. My friend had a little ‘off’ through the bombhole you mentioned too, hoping by the volume of traffic that it will soon wear in though.

Good job on the trail BOB and Gorrick. 🙂

Can we have a wallride please!?

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘New Swinely Bit’ is closed to new replies.