Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • New superlight with 140mm fork
  • glynP
    Free Member

Anyone ridden the new superlight with a 140mm fork, I'm looking for a short travel fun bike for the local woods and I have a spare pair of fox 140's. the superlight has a head angle of 72 deg so I thought a 140 fork should be ok. Any thoughts?

The-milkybar-kid
    Free Member

Mine is ok with 130mm on.

fozzybear
    Free Member

didn't like the superlight at all (having ridden a heckler for a few years) felt to twitchy and XC for me personally.

got a heckler in the end

glynP
    Free Member

I think it would be twitchy with a 100mm fork but I would like to build it quite sturdy with the longer fork.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

surely you want a heckler, or a shorter fork?

z1ppy

personnaly though it was razor sharp with 100mm fork, able to hold lines my own 100mm bike wouldn't… 140mm does seem ab bit far, but others like T-M-K have mentioned running them with 130mm forks (Rev's).

glynP
    Free Member

surely you want a heckler, or a shorter fork?

No I want a short travel full susser with a slack head angle its the future you know!

Mattie_H
    Free Member

The Superlight's warranty only covers it with forks up to 120mm travel I think. Supposed to be a very good set up to run like that though.

woody2000

Mongoose Canaan – 100mm travel, 69.5 deg head angle. Lovely little bike 🙂

slowrider
    Free Member

my old man hasa superlight with 120mm fox's which i pinched while he was on holiday and put my pikes and wheels on it. it felt alright, head angle was good but front end felt a little high for my liking, i prefer low and slack. its quite flexy when you rag it as hard as you can with pikes and strong wheels on it too, id consider a heckler with a shorter shock to reduce travel maybe? or a 5 with a shorter shock? or a blur 4x?

glynP
    Free Member

Stop! stop! your giving me too many choices!

Andy

Didn't like mine with long forks. Love it with 100mm though. I'm with z1ppy on this.

Dave
    Free Member

"If you want to run 140mm get a Blur" from the faq on Santa Cruz site

DaveVanderspek
    Free Member

I have a new superlight with rebas which i always run at 115mm, the bike is a bit twitchy at first, but you soon adjust to it.
    To be honest, this is the best bike i have ever ridden, it does everything i ask it to, but it would be interesting to try it with slightly longer forks.

gingerflash

I've got U-turn Revs on mine and I definitely prefer them at 130mm, sometimes shortening them to 110 or so for really steep climbs, but not often.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘New superlight with 140mm fork’ is closed to new replies.