Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • New suit time
  • marcus
    Free Member

Will be worn very rarely, but dont want something which looks too cheap and shabby. What are M & S ones like ?

dannybgoode

I have an MS Endurance suit and its excellent. Worn it a couple of years now regularly with very little sign of wear…

RustySpanner

Slaters?

link.

Well worth a visit.
    Proper, old fashioned service and all bases covered.

scaled
    Free Member

Reiss are a nice middle ground

NJA

I wear a suit every day for work. Frankly you can’t beat M&S for value and durability.

dmck16
    Free Member

In person, Slaters is your safe bet.

Or if online, have a look at Suit Supply.

uponthedowns
    Free Member

Ted Baker are good

mcj78
    Free Member

M&S ones are pretty good – some of the fabric they use on the Collezione or whatever ones are really nice, also have a look at the Moss Bros 1851 range – I got one from there for my wedding last year after looking around for months for something that fit right, if you time it right M&S and Moss have really good sales too but the popular sizes vanish pretty quick.
    J

squirrelking
    Free Member

Another vote for Slaters, anything you buy will be adjusted to fit before you take it away.

somouk
    Free Member

I normally go with M and S or Next suits as sensible prices, okay cut and hard enough wearing for occasional use.

gastromonkey
    Free Member

+1 for slaters. When I wore a suit 5 days a week I always went to them. Good service and a reasonable range of prices. Avoid the cheap stuff. Go in the “other room”.

Now it’s TM Lewins for me. I only keep 1 suit and wear it once a fortnight at most. Look for their sales, there ars some good deals. Again the service is great. But, if you’re under 40 and turn up in jeans and a t-shirt they have a habbit of speaking to you like you’re an idiot who has no idea what you’re doing.

ransos
    Free Member

I bought an M&S suit in a slim fit and made from British cloth. It’s really nice quality and the fit is a lot better than the regular cut.

Coyote
    Free Member

For work, Next all the way. Nicely cut and seem very durable.

dmck16
    Free Member

gastromonkey – Member
    But, if you’re under 40 and turn up in jeans and a t-shirt they have a habbit of speaking to you like you’re an idiot who has no idea what you’re doing.

^THIS^

Ended up passing by one of their shops a few months ago so decided to take the opportunity to have a look. Bunch of snooty barstewards, I ended up walking out. Obviously my Dr Martens and leather jacket were too edgy for them.
    Keep going along the street, ignoring TM Lewin, until you get to Slaters 😆

IHN

Is this cos you need to look smart in front of the judge? 😉

Anyway, Slaters. Failing that, M&S.

blurty

Where do you live?

Anywhere in range of the Jaeger factory shop Nr Nottingham – it’s hard to beat.

LeeW

+1 for Jaeger if you can get to a factory shop.

Next do a ‘premium’ range of suits made with really good Italian cloth which are pretty good value for money. I’ve never seen them in store but you can get them delivered next day in to store if you want. For some unknown reason though the regular length trousers are 31″ long.

I’ve never found TM Lewin staff to be snooty, their suits are again pretty good value for money – have a stitched canvas rather than bonded so if you need to get them adjusted it’s not too much hassle.

Never been to Slaters, may have to try it.

Where about do you live? If you’re interested I use a tailor who can make you a bespoke, made to measure a suit for around £600-700 depending on cloth.

Selled
    Free Member

A friend of my wife is a seamstress. I purchased an M&S suit and she adjusted both the jacket and the trousers. Made a huge difference to the look of the suit.

Also, she advised me to buy the longest trousers possible, the material she cut off is now held as spare which she can use for repairs. I.e. to the crutch of the trousers which is always the first to go.

olddog

Hawes and Curtis

Kryton57

By coincidence I just ordered a suit this evening having found my suit to have shiny thighs after 3 years.

I used to go Austin Reed, but ‘net only I can’t order a second pair of trousers.

So off I went to take a punt on Charles Tyrwirrt -my shirt supplier- who have seemingly good suits for £249 and a 15% Black Friday offer. 1 slim fit suit plus extra trousers for £284. Hopefully they’ll be OK.

andy4d

As others said…slaters. free alterations so will fit well. Good range of prices to suit (pardon the pun) all budgets,from £50 up. Usually anything over £100 in slaters is pretty damn good imo.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘New suit time’ is closed to new replies.