• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by JCL.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • New 'standard' stem and bar size
  • darrenspink
    Free Member

“Our market-leading Havoc 35 bar and stem have proven the benefits of the 35mm system,”

Easton brings 35mm to cross country cockpits

Know its been talked about on here before..but isn’t this just another ‘lets make some money’ change?

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

I’ve been running a carbon 35mm x 800mm Havoc bar on my DH bike for nearly a year now. So stiff and still as light as the 750mm carbon bar it replaced. Infact I would venture it may even be stiffer.

I would be surprised if it was possible to have made a 800mm x 31.8mm bar as stiff and still keep it as lightweight.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

1) Nobody is forcing you to buy them
    2) Other bars available (You can still buy 25.4mm bars)
    3) It only changes the stem you need if you want to go that way, it doesn’t make the entire bike obsolete and you can swap back if you want to.

Northwind

The weird thing is that there’s wider, 31.8 options that weigh barely more. A Kinesis Strut is the same width but lighter. Easton really seem to be struggling with the wide bar thing

I liked the irony of loads of downhillers turning around and telling them the 35mm Havoc was too stiff.

JCL
    Free Member

Yeah a couple of quick locals switched back to 31.8 as the 35’s were too stiff.

Easton are so out of touch on length. 750mm? Really.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘New 'standard' stem and bar size’ is closed to new replies.