Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • New Soda is so very pretty….and now for sale.
  • tang
    Free Member

what a beautiful frame. id so love one. if a spare 1500 turns up ill be hanging the soul up and getting on the phone! looking forward to some reviews when built up with a 120mm fork, trail mode.
    http://www.cotic.co.uk/news/

skiboy
    Free Member

very pretty, but very pricey.

i just had an 2010 evil soveriegn come in the post so count me out 😀

tang
    Free Member

indeed, very unlikely ill have a spare 1500! its a soda itch ive had for a while tho….

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Very nice – but I love my Soul far too much to need one.

squin
    Free Member

I don't like the look of it. I've got the former Soda and much prefer the skinny look of mine. I recognise why the Soda has been beefed up a bit, but maybe the older one does it for me as I'm only 11 stone soaking wet so it doesn't feel flexy, just lush.

I do, however, love the look of the new Soul!

tracknicko
    Free Member

Looks like an HT frame.

What's so good about it?

poppa
    Free Member

You gonna post that on every thread about the soda tracknicko? 😆

tracknicko
    Free Member

until i get my answers! i demand answers!

just wondering why people spaff over a standard looking HT frame. why is that any better than a speccy s-works? or anything else for that matter?

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Apparently…

we have free stock in all sizes. Order yours now!

Can't give 'em away it would appear..!? I'll make mine a medium please Si.. 😛

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Tracknicko – more enjoyment from a HT than a Fullsus – especially on 95% of the trails in the UK. 😉

tracknicko
    Free Member

What?

This frame is better than an s-works HT as it isnt full suss?

Hmmmmm, ok.

Im asking why this relatively standard looking HT is considered lush, 'wow', etc when compared to any other HT.

Happy for the manufacturer of said frame to explain it… I just want to know what makes a £1500 HT frame SO exciting…

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

It must be brilliant if it costs a months salary…. 😉

tracknicko
    Free Member

quite… 'WOW, isnt it amazing' – because it costs a **** fortune!

grrrreat.

lookmanohands
    Free Member

yeh looks quite nice but………what tyres? 🙄

tang
    Free Member

aside from ride qualities/weight etc ti has the same effect on me as other precious metals. ie a little feverish/lusty. i dont mind admitting it. as lookmanohands will confirm, a ti frame will not make any difference to my skill/fitness. it would however give me a warmth in the pit of my stomach every time id see it/ roll out for a ride. its not about the bike but it kind of is. unless you are SFBarnes. i am a victim of the sales pitch/shiny thing i guess.
    nb: the soul gives me that warmth also! im happy…now wheres that credit card.

lookmanohands
    Free Member

still on for wednesday? the wheels will be done then as well mate 8)

tang
    Free Member

wednesday is on fella! where we going? might drag leigh out…

lookmanohands
    Free Member

i'll mail ya

backhander
    Free Member

more enjoyment from a HT than a Fullsus – especially on 95% of the trails in the UK.

Well I must be the luckiest MTBer in the whole country because I must only ride that 5%!. All of the trails I ride, I enjoy more on the FS than I do on a HT! 😉

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Apologies – thought you meant an S-works full sus. However, I'm slightly biased as I am not convinced that a full sus is needed for UK trails. I personally tried the Full Sus for 2 years and went back to a HT as I enjoy it more. I didn't say I I didn't enjoy a Full-sus just I get more enjoyment from a HT.

In terms of comparing this to another HT, well its down to personal preference. I think that S-works are very niche and not to my liking (if I was going to chose a top end bike) but this I could buy if I had some spare cash and could justify it.

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

…Dear Tracknicko,

It's just bloody gorgeous! (apart from that gopping rear disc mount) If you have to ask 'why', well… 😯

As tang says, it's all about that 'warmth in the pit of the stomach' feeling everytime you look at it while riding, or while snacking at the top of the climb. Some bikes do this, others don't. Deriving from a combination of subtle ride qualities, aesthetics and a certain soulfulness exuded by the bike – this is most significantly from the frame.

This Ti frame is beautifully made and shiny with that unmistakeable hue. It will last forever, never corrode or need repainting. If you'd prefer an S-works – so be it, they're quite nice too… but if you just don't 'get it', well you might as well go and stand in the corner with SFB. 😉

tracknicko
    Free Member

i really liked the charge jump bike. the frame was circa 300 in steel, and 1k in ti.

a massive price increase but still only 1k.

this is half as much again. why?

oh and i dont have a thing for the s-works. just has a similar swoopy downtube so was the first frame that hopped into my mind…

Bushwacked
    Free Member

OK, I'll let you off the s-works thing 😉

tang
    Free Member

if i had the choice tho id go for the merlin soda, very tidy rear end. cy- if merlin get their act together will you do a run with them?

oldfart

What was wrong with ROUND tubing ? 🙄

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

…it's so laaaaast century daaaaaling.

cy

Merlin won't get their act together and the back on this is way nicer than the Merlin. WAY nicer 😉

Spud

So where can one pawn one of their offspring! 😉

coogan
    Free Member

I'm with tracknicko on this one, just looks like most other hardtails.

coogan
    Free Member

As tang says, it's all about that 'warmth in the pit of the stomach' feeling everytime you look at it while riding, or while snacking at the top of the climb. Some bikes do this, others don't. Deriving from a combination of subtle ride qualities, aesthetics and a certain soulfulness exuded by the bike – this is most significantly from the frame.

Well. That's just about the biggest load of bollocks I've read.

Northwind

I'd like a go on one, see how different it rides to the Soul. But I wouldn't buy one unless I was absolutely minted.Pretty thing though.

showerman
    Free Member

Ti does not last forever it can break
    cotic design some good bikes but then always seem to spoil it somehow the hemlock with an oil rig for a backend, i have one and it is a good ride, the soda is a nice looking frame and you go and weld a scaffold pole to support the rear caliper mounts (seems linsky have a real problem in this area), none of my other bikes ti or carbon need this over build and if you do need it could you not have made it a little nicer

skiboy
    Free Member

As an engineer you soon learn that nothing is ever perfect, you can try and try and you never reach that point of satisfaction, you nearly always end up 99.% there,
    there is always room for improvement somewhere,

thing is if you changed that functional piece of ti (said caliper bracket) for something different, you would end up over engineering what is already perfect for the job in hand as well as raise the price for no good reason.

i would be perfectly happy if i had designed the soda, i would be extremely happy with linskeys build,
    if iwas after a ti frame, i would have previously gone for a hummer, not now, shes a beauty, i would buy the soda,

well done good choice of builder,great design,

ar$e sucking complete. 😉

discount?

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘New Soda is so very pretty….and now for sale.’ is closed to new replies.