Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • New Shoes… But which ones?
  • mboy
    Free Member

Need some new shoes, but which ones?

Shimano seem to fit me best (I'm bang on a 45 in Shimano), others I've tried in the past seem to be a bit odd, and the Specialized Body Geometry doesn't really suit me I don't think.

So…

Shimano M161's for approx £80 online?
    Shimano M086's (yes, the bronze ones!) for approx £60?
    Shimano M122's in silver/black for £60 from On One?

I'm tempted to go with the M161's just because they look nicer. I've tried on some M086's and they seemed fine, just not sure I could live with the Bronze colour. That said, the silver/black M122's that On One have look the nicest of all 3, I'm assuming they're a 2009 shoe as I can't find them in stock anywhere else…

Opinions please…

SiB
    Free Member

You'll feel like a pimp with the M086s, get them

mboy
    Free Member

Yeah SiB, but the problem is they would clash horribly with at least one of my bikes… My Maverick frame is Bronze too, but a different shade, so I think the colour clash might be a bit drastic!

Timmo
    Free Member

the 161's are a really good shoe and get some great reviews fior stiffness, comfort and price etc.
    i very nearly ordered them but couldnt cope witht he colours! got some extra cash from the family so went for the 183's, (possibly a bit too stiff!!)

mboy
    Free Member

Hmmmm…

Anyone got anything else to add?

cinnamon_girl

Stop being a tart Mark 😉

FCOL it's bad enough with folk colour-cordinating their components …

How are you BTW?

mboy
    Free Member

These things matter my dear!

The M086's really are quite a distinct Bronze, and it's that that's putting me off…

I'm ok ta, just accepted a new job so will be starting that soon, and been dragged into riding at Mountain Mayhem this weekend (against my better judgement!)… Sooooo… Not too bad. You?

cinnamon_girl

5:10's – sorts out all your colour conundrums 😉

New job – well done and good luck. 🙂 And for MM too.

Yeah, not enough riding due to germs but slowly getting there.

mboy
    Free Member

Yeah, not enough riding due to germs but slowly getting there.

I've had a fair bit of that recently too, not so great… Had flu proper very recently (best part of 10 days unable to do anything), probably only about 70-80% back to normal to be fair, but I'm ok.

5:10's – sorts out all your colour conundrums

Except they're mega ugly, and for flat pedals only! I use Vans for flat pedals, need some new SPD shoes… 😉

New job – well done and good luck. And for MM too.

Cheers, this one looks like it should be a lot better than the current one… Which I kinda accepted as I had no real choice I suppose!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘New Shoes… But which ones?’ is closed to new replies.