Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • New Shimano shoes on home page
  • rascal
    Free Member

I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that…but, what have the Shimano designers been on?
    Fugly doesn’t even come close 🙄

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Trying to catch up without copying others? See the new quick links too 🙂

kimbers

pricey too, my old MP66s however where very durable, 510, mavic, scott ive tried since- not so much

might be going back to old fugly boots

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

The grey n green ones are not too bad, but tbh, they all look the same after riding in them for a few weeks….

legend
    Free Member

I’m loving that Enduro or Dirt (cant remember which) were apparently told by Shimano that “they aren’t as grippy as 5.10 but work really well with Shimano pedals”…..makes you wonder why they even bother sometimes

ton

all pinched from Ronald McDonald’s wardrobe……….. 😀

cokie

I think the angle and shoe size don’t complement the design in the photos 😯

I like them providing they look less like a narrow boat in real life. The lased version would suit me nicely as a summer shoe. My current pair of SPD Am45s have lasted for years. I welcome a pair that dry quicker though!

DezB
    Free Member

120 bleedin quid!

Didn’t the old trainer style ones used to be half that? Only carbon disco slippers in orange and pink dayglo were ever £120! (Or full-on winter boots!)

zilog6128

the top one (GR9) looks great! Like the awesome AM41 crossed with something out of BTTF2!

The blue and green ones look awful though!

tomhoward

Only carbon disco slippers in orange and pink dayglo were ever £120

Get with the times grandad, those bad boys are north of £300 now…

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I remember getting my mp66’s back before enduro was a thing and they were £40!

big_scot_nanny

I do tend to agree that looks, price and ‘not as good as 5.10’ does somewhat take the shine off.

However, as was borne out again on this morning’s ride – I love the idea of that ankle gaiter. My shoes gradually fill up with so much detritus that a stop every 45mins is critical. This has been with any shoe.

Anything else with that ankle gaiter thingy?

kayak23

I only ever chose shimano shoes over 5:10 etc as they were better value at around £60.
    If that’s the sort of price of the new ones they can do one. 👿

DezB
    Free Member

By golly, young whippersnapper, you ain’t lyin! 😯

ahwiles
    Free Member

i like em, and (trolling a bit) if you know how to ride properly, shimano shoes are as grippy as you need.

?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I love the idea of that ankle gaiter. My shoes gradually fill up with so much detritus that a stop every 45mins is critical

mindmap3
    Free Member

Hideous, expensive and not as good as the market leaders for flat pedals? Reckon I’ll pass tah.

The new pedals are priced pretty high too. Shimano have been smoking some good stuff clearly…

honourablegeorge

big_scot_nanny – Member

I’m really liking these, they’re reaclly nice and light – not a winter shoe, despie the boot thing, have a stealth sole, relly comfy, laces neatly out of the way, ankle protected.

ehrob

Bring back the AM41 please.

chrismac

I have just got a pair of the adidas cross trails.They are excellent, much cheaper than 5:10s and dry quicker. Whats even better is that they come with the 5:10 sole now adidas own 5:10

JackHammer

I have the black and blue ones, AM 10s maybe. Much nicer than the old killerwhales, lighter grippier and not as bleeding wide. Wore my old ones the other day after my new ones were soaked and the old ones are rubbish by comparison.

zilog6128

AM7/AM9? Could be a worthy successor to AM41, don’t look as rad though. I too was gutted recently when I couldn’t buy a 2nd pair as a spare.

chakaping
    Free Member

Well they certainly look very functional.

I’m sure they’d be grippy enough for most riding, but won’t be buying them unless there are some heavy discounts in future.

rascal
    Free Member

While talking of Shimano shoes…just spotted these at a great price…at least they weren’t pished when they designed these 😉

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/shimano-sh-am45-spd-shoe-p343711

drlex
    Free Member

If you like orange and take a 44, the captain’s shoe is available at rutland –
    2FO for £40

km79
    Free Member

Bring back the AM41 please.

^This. Best shoes ever.

psycorp
    Free Member

I don’t like any of the current flat pedal shoes.

Think I’ll stick to Sports Direct walking shoes and just replace them every year.

chakaping
    Free Member

If you like orange and take a 44, the captain’s shoe is available at rutland –
    2FO for £40

Nice one.

Had to send my bargain 5:10 EPS back for a refund recently when the sole started coming off, so will try these instead.

🙂

big_scot_nanny

Nobeerinthefridge: well, maybe on a normal ride its double that time, but if at a bike park for the day its rather difficult. Does massive shoe detritus = none more gnar? No? Thought not 🙂

Honourablegeorge – cheers for the tip! Thoughts on sizing?

mahalo

Still rockin my AM41 orcas! ive had all kinds of shoes come and go since, but the old wellies are still a firm favourite weapon in the arsenal!

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘New Shimano shoes on home page’ is closed to new replies.