• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • New saddle mini review
  • mikey74
    Free Member

Ok, I know saddles are a very subjective item and therefore one that works for me won’t necessarily work for someone else. However, I spent ages mulling over what saddle to go for as they can be an expensive, and uncomfortable, mistake.

I recently decided that the Selle Italia Flite Gel Flow had to go, largely because of the shape created a hook at the rear that I snagged my shorts on everytime I got off the back for a steep descent. I was going to go for the Selle Italia Signo (about £80) but eventually went for the cheaper Selle Italia C2 Gel Flow, mainly because I preferred the look of the shape. I have to say that I am glad I did: This is by far and away the most comfortable saddle I have ever had. In the past I have tried SDG Bel Airs, WTB, Specialized saddles and none of them have come close to the C2.

Right from the box this saddle felt right, to the point where I actually just forgot about it, even though I was sitting on it, lol. Okay I was a bit sceptical as I hadn’t taken it out on any longish rides, but yesterday I went over to Cwm Carn and did a few laps there and my initial impressions were confirmed.

I can strongly recommend this saddle: The shape seems right, it is slightly softer than the Flite which I find more comfortable, and it’s genuine leather, which supposed to be better for your a**s. It’s not a sadddle which gets talked about alot in “which saddle” threads, but it is definitely worth considering, especially as it is a bit cheaper than alot of the saddles that get thrown around in this forum.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘New saddle mini review’ is closed to new replies.