Viewing 37 posts - 41 through 77 (of 77 total)
  • New Robocop remake
  • stumpy01

Looked alright to me, as far as crappy turn off the brain action films go.

You can still see the other one. This is a different one. They haven’t copied over the old one.

I do wonder whether Hollywood has run out of ideas though, what with the amount of re-makes/re-hashes over the last 5yrs or so.

disco_stu
    Free Member

Robocop looks like a Cylon 🙁

Lifer
    Free Member

R.I.P.D is fun. Not great, but fun.

It does have Mary Louise Parker in it so automatically gets +1,000,000 bonus points

hora
    Free Member

What I loved about Robocop is the ‘loss’. His old home/family gone.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

What I loved about Robocop is the ‘loss’. His old home/family gone.

Absolutely. It’s a deeply unsettling film and the black humour, whilst funny, still manages to disturb.

DezB
    Free Member

Another bloody pointless remake. So much good about the original Robocop.
    One of the very few films I went to the cinema twice to see. (The only other I can remember off hand is Abba: The Movie 😳 )

edit: Samuel L Jackson should be ashamed of himself!

highclimber
    Free Member

Samuel L Jackson should be ashamed of himself!

Come off it, he has no shame precisely because he doesn’t take himself seriously.

DezB
    Free Member

Yeah, I suppose… (eg. Snakes on a Plane). He’s just a whore-actor!

zilog6128

So much good about the original Robocop.

One of the all-time sci-fi greats IMO. Very intelligent but also an 80’s ultraviolent action classic. Plus a guy gets shot in the balls. So much to love.

jekkyl

madam you have suffered an emtional shock, I will notify a rape crisis centre.

jon1973
    Free Member

Remakes don’t bother me really, mostly they’re rubbish but occasionally you get a bit of a gem. The rubbish ones are easy to ignore and the originals don’t cease to exist. With my Lovefilm subscription, I don’t really loose anything by renting bad films occasionally.

Some of these films are OK if you didn’t have the original to compare it to. I also forget there are a whole generation of people behind me who have never seen most of the ‘originals’, which may be why some of those classic films I grew up with are now being remade.

I guess my father thought the same when they remade things like Cape Fear and Scarface.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

edit: Samuel L Jackson should be ashamed of himself!

It’s Gary Oldman I’m most disappointed with.

zilog6128

My biggest problem with remakes (and sequels) is that it’s indicative of studios “playing safe” instead of taking a chance on something that could be original/innovative/worthy/etc. Not that a great film needs a big budget, but there are endless stories where even high-profile directors struggle or fail to get films made because they’re seen as too big of a risk – yet they are happy to chuck $120M at something like this.

GrahamS

Loving that Robocop rap. Though for some reason it made me think of:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygN8H3kI1qE[/video]

molgrips
    Free Member

That looks utter bobbins!!! Looks like whoever remade it spectacularly missed the point of the original.

Which was what, in your opinion?

BoardinBob

It’s Gary Oldman I’m most disappointed with.

Gary Oldman has openly admitted he only does the big cheesy blockbusters for the paycheck. It allows him to do plenty of low key or independent stuff by doing a big sell out movie every so often.

jekkyl

molgrips – Member

That looks utter bobbins!!! Looks like whoever remade it spectacularly missed the point of the original.
    Which was what, in your opinion?

Directive 4………………………… Classified.

hora
    Free Member

Gary Oldman was only created for one amazing high. Leon.

He should have promptly retired after that film.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74BzSTQCl_c[/video]

tonyd

stumpy +1. It doesn’t look any better/worse than all the other tosh out there. The original was a great movie though.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Looks alright but lets hope they make it for adults and not 12yo’s.

stumpy01

hora – Member

He was good in Fifth Element…..

jekkyl

neilsonwheels – Member
    Looks alright but lets hope they make it for adults and not 12yo’s.

nahh. I wish they would make it 18+ but they don’t make films like that anymore, unless they’re horror.

Excuse me, I have to go. Somewhere there is a crime happening

piemonster

Well, that’s me settled down with Robocop for a couple of hours.

Let the violence proceed

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Dredd should have been remade, robocop shouldn’t.

It’s a shame Dredd spent all its limited budget on the film instead of the marketing. Great film, didn’t get the recognition it deserved.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVIba2N6MTA[/video]

jon1973
    Free Member

He was the best thing in True Romance for the 5 minutes he was in it.

It’s a shame Dredd spent all its limited budget on the film instead of the marketing.

I think that’s why it ended up being a good film rather than a well marketed turkey.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Oldmans understated but mesmerising performance in Tinker, Tailor… was the winner for me. Just brilliant.

BoardinBob

Oldman’s great in everything. Even his Friends appearance!

GrahamS

^ That Trailer

“JUDGMENT… IS… COMING”

Presumably from Judg Dred? 😉

derek_starship
    Free Member

That ED209 scene is much more brutal then I remember. What a scary looking bastard Mr. 209 is.

chewkw
    Free Member

I think I will watch it in 2016 when it is free on telly … 😆

PrinceJohn

nahh. I wish they would make it 18+ but they don’t make films like that anymore, unless they’re horror.

Dredd was good – up until the recent re-make of that the best film about Judge Dredd was Robocop.

In a moment of geekery I just paused the trailer to point out Omni Consumer Products is now Omnicorp…. in the background I spotted a lot of Robocops…

Northwind

On the plus side, I bet loads of people will watch the original Robocop again now, I’d forgotten how ace it is. Maybe because of the sequels…

piemonster

I think I will watch it in 2016 when it is free on telly …

Plus one, I expect it’ll be ok for some mindless trash at some point. But nowt more.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

erek_starship – Member
    That ED209 scene is much more brutal then I remember.

Thats from the directors cut thats why.

kudos100
    Free Member

It’s going to be a pg13, or in other words, absolute bollocks.

Paul Verhoeven must be jumping for joy. First they butcher Total Recall and now Robocop. At least they won’t be remaking Showgirls any time soon.

highclimber
    Free Member

Maybe because of the sequels…

Especially the one where he flies!

athgray
    Free Member

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Yw9GNz-EYP8[/video]

IMO the best Robocop song. The film is one that surely does not need a remake?

Viewing 37 posts - 41 through 77 (of 77 total)

The topic ‘New Robocop remake’ is closed to new replies.