Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • New road helmet
  • bluebird
    Free Member

I need a new road helmet. Wondering if anyone has a Giro Synthe or Aeon, and what if they think about them having used them for a while.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Got an Air Attack and an Aeon. Other than riding somewhere properly hot (30+C) I always use the Air Attack on the road. If I had the Synthe it’d probably be the only one I’d use. Free aero speed and good enough venting for road use.

jamiep
    Free Member

I use my Air Attack all throughout winter and either side. It might be ok heat-wise but I don’t use it in Summer at all

akira

Try one for size, I like the synthe but it doesn’t fit me. Spesh evade and Met rivale are nice alternatives

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Spesh Airnet here. Dreadful name, superb helmet.

fasthaggis

I am sure the Synthe is great and has been wind tunnel tested to death,but the shape looks very old skool.

I went for a Kask Mojito over a Giro this time around.

bluebird
    Free Member

Fit should be OK. My mountain bike helmets have been Giro for as long as I can remember.

akira

I’ve had giro mtb helmets but synthetic doesn’t fit so I’d definitely try it if you can.

biglee1

I got a Mavic syncro from crc http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mavic-syncro-road-helmet-2015/rp-prod113857?gs=1&gclid=CjwKEAjw5cG8BRDQj_CNh9nwxTUSJAAHdX3f0Mr45woeSgCfpavjGsLVDaTI7VItxzP1y7bbY9wSeBoCcG_w_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Had a test ride with it today, nice and light and fits really well, I normally get Giro helmets, but am very impressed with this. Comes with a removable peak so not totally roady looking 😉 I got a large size for my melon head 😀

FuzzyWuzzy

I’ve had a Synthe for a while, unfortunately my head shape (ovalish) isn’t the same as Mr Giro’s (round) so even though I have an XL and gaps at the side it’s still a bit too tight front to back. It’s a nice helmet otherwise…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘New road helmet’ is closed to new replies.