Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • New (road) bike pics
  • SkillWill
    Free Member

Few boring pics of my bike: Cube Agree GTC Di2.

Only got it a few days ago. The Di2 is excellent, deeply impressive. First proper road bike I’ve ever ridden and it feels fast, really goes!

Few more

davidjey
    Free Member

Pretty nice for a first ever road bike 😯

Lawn edging, weeds, etc.

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Very nice – how much if you don’t mind me asking? And does it come with a full Ultegra Di2 group…. was going to wait for 105 Di2 pricing before taking the plunge, but am getting more and more impatient!! 😉

geordiepaul
    Free Member

How tall are you?
    Looks a big bike. Nice tho

tracknicko
    Free Member

1st ever roady. straight to Di2!

this recession is crippling us!

will
    Free Member

Very very nice! As others have said, great first road bike.

Now make sure you get on Strava, shave your legs and don the lycra 😀

SkillWill
    Free Member

CLEARLY… I need to sort my lousy garden 🙂

Yeah I’m pretty tall, 6’3″ so it’s a 62cm Cube sizing, which is a 60cm on normal sizing I think.

It was ‘relatively’ cheap. £1999, that’s a team carbon frame, DT Swiss wheels and Ultegra Di2. I was looking to get a road bike for £1500ish max but this tempted me. Big names like Trek/Specialized don’t get anywhere near this for the money as far as I can see. I’m very happy with it anyway.

Details

njee20
    Free Member

I really struggle to look beyond one of those for my next road bike, just storming value!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Nice 🙂

I’ve just splashed out on new bars/stem, seatpost, grip tape, cables, saddle, pedals and wheels to hopefully give a bit of a new bike feeling on my cannondale without the outlay (still come to about £700 mind!). Really is due a new frame at somepoint though, it’s almost 10 years old and starting to look it! Really fancy treating myself to a supersix evo if there’s any 2012 stock on sale at the end of the year (unlikley).

will
    Free Member

The only real comparable bike is the Canyon, with Ultegra Di2 for £1669, although that is an Alu frame.
    http://www.canyon.com/_uk/roadbikes/bike.html?b=2503

smell_it
    Free Member

I past a chap in one if those in the week, the bike looked proper tidy in the flesh, nice bike..

bristolbiker
    Free Member

It was ‘relatively’ cheap. £1999, that’s a team carbon frame, DT Swiss wheels and Ultegra Di2.

Wow….. runs off the count pennies and sell organs/children/wife as appropriate…….

boblo
    Free Member

Niiice. 🙂

Not convinced about Di2. Can’t see me going for that until it’s the only choice. What have you done to that cadence sensor….?

njee20
    Free Member

Not convinced about Di2. Can’t see me going for that until it’s the only choice.

Have you played with it!? The front mech auto-trims and everything.

Vortexracing

Where is the battery stored

very nice BTW

TiRed

Very nice and amazing value at £2000. I tested Di2 on a turbo trainer and really liked it (and I’m a campag man, myself). One point. I found that the Elite bottle holders you’ve fitted pretty much destroyed the finish on my nice Camelback Podium bottles out in the rain and grit. I trust you will be riding it in similar conditions 😉

ir_bandito
    Free Member

ooh, that is nice, and excellent value.

Thoroughly stupid name though, did they just stick a pin in a dictionary?
    “Agree?” With what?

boblo
    Free Member

njee20 – Member

Not convinced about Di2. Can’t see me going for that until it’s the only choice.
    Have you played with it!? The front mech auto-trims and everything.

POSTED 3 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

No I haven’t tried it so just uninformed prejudice 🙂 I think it’s still WIP, just look at it…. Not the most elegant design. Auto trimming? Hmmmm. On my 80 miler yesterday, need to trim front der=0

When it’s lovely and svelte, same price and the only choice, I’ll have it 🙂

njee20
    Free Member

On my 80 miler yesterday, need to trim front der=0

Do you never get chain rub on the cage? I must say I tweak my front mech fairly regularly.

Ultegra Di2 is cheaper than DA mechanical, and sure it’ll come down further. It’s completely superfluous (like bikes in general!) but I imagine I’ll get it next time around, it is pretty impressive in use, you just can’t really do a bad shift.

cuberider
    Free Member

Nice bike! Have two (mountain) Cubes. Very pleased with both, minor set up niggles aside. Considered getting an Agree but found last year’s Scott Addict on sale at a bargain price.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

i’m tempted by Di2 too, although I’ll probably wait a year or two as I suspect it’ll follow DA and go 11 speed and gain the smaller servo’s. Apparenly ultegra used off the shelf servos whereas shimano custom made the ones in DA, hence it’s neater apperance.

bristolbiker
    Free Member

i’m tempted by Di2 too, although I’ll probably wait a year or two as I suspect it’ll follow DA and go 11 speed and gain the smaller servo’s. Apparenly ultegra used off the shelf servos whereas shimano custom made the ones in DA, hence it’s neater apperance.

Not so concerned by this now – the fact they seem to have settled on a wiring harness means you should able to mix-and-match (at a cost!) but going 11-spd (just change/reprogram the control box for different shift intervals and a new cassette/chain?)…. hydraulic disc options (just change the shifters) means, other than cost (….did I mention cost…..), it should even more interchangable than its mechanical cousin.

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

looks very nice, what kind of mileage/riding are you doing on it?

(and I know the answer is ‘road riding’ but please tell me you didn’t buy it just for your commute).

Kryton57

will – Member
    The only real comparable bike is the Canyon, with Ultegra Di2 for £1669, although that is an Alu frame.

I dunno. You can get a carbon Bianchi Sempre with Ultegra for £1550 at Wiggle.

Depends if you pine over carbon vs Di2 I guess

Lovely bike that Cube though.

njee20
    Free Member

(and I know the answer is ‘road riding’ but please tell me you didn’t buy it just for your commute).

Why not? I’d buy that for my commute! In fact my full Dura Ace Madone rarely sees anything other than commuting mileage!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Not so concerned by this now – the fact they seem to have settled on a wiring harness means you should able to mix-and-match (at a cost!) but going 11-spd (just change/reprogram the control box for different shift intervals and a new cassette/chain?)…. hydraulic disc options (just change the shifters) means, other than cost (….did I mention cost…..), it should even more interchangable than its mechanical cousin.

Yea I know, but I’ve already got DA 7800 mechnical so in no hurry to upgrade just yet.

It’ll be interesting to see how DA9000 is recieved. Last time they fiddled with the freehub it was a bit of a fail, but at least there’s more gears to justify it this time rather than just having 2 10s standards. If it doesn’t catch on it’ll be the third DA groupset in a row to introduce a standard (7800 cassette, 7900 Di2 wiring, 9000 cassette) that’s not worked out!

I wonder if the chainrings will trickle down, i imagine they’d be heavy if they weren’t hollow, so unless they find a cheeper way of doing them (like the MTB middle ring maybe?) that’s another standard that’ll fail!

Why not? I’d buy that for my commute! In fact my full Dura Ace Madone rarely sees anything other than commuting mileage!

Depends, if you’ve a longer commute then great, I used to do 150miles a week commuting on my road bike. These days I live too close to bother with lycra, no showers and CBA riding it slowly. Which is probably why I’m a fatty!

warton
    Free Member

2 grand for that bike is very good value, looks nice too!

SkillWill
    Free Member

looks very nice, what kind of mileage/riding are you doing on it?

Maybe 75-80 miles a week road riding if I’m lucky. Not commute. If I can get out three times a week for a couple of hours a time that’s good. The idea is to get out riding more often without the faff of mountain biking – time pressures due to young child etc. Wondering about entering Tour de France / Olympics as I’ve been watching them and they seem quite easy.

Kryton57

SkillWill – Member

Maybe 75-80 miles a week road riding if I’m lucky. Not commute. If I can get out three times a week for a couple of hours a time that’s good. The idea is to get out riding more often without the faff of mountain biking – time pressures due to young child etc.

Exactly why I bought a road bike, totally justified by this years rain induced slop of an excuse for local trails.

Wondering about entering Tour de France / Olympics as I’ve been watching them and they seem quite easy

Ha Ha very good! Thats was a joke, right? 😯 😉

SkillWill
    Free Member

Ha Ha very good! Thats was a joke, right?

It was! 99% anyway 😉

Also – it comes with a week-long lift pass for Alpe d’Huez (summer or winter). Nice.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Looks nice O.P.

🙂

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Where is the battery stored

Good point..

rOcKeTdOg

Nice bike, awful name, what’s the Box on the nearside chainstay, battery?

SkillWill
    Free Member

The battery is right under the BB, you can just see it in the 3rd pic. They reckon the battery is good for 6 months worth (of my level of riding). If you’re doing the Tour it’d probably be worth taking the charger with you.

The box on the nearside chainstay is a cadence sensor for my Garmin.

jdfstow
    Free Member

That’s amazing.. Have been looking to get this bike but best I can find for the Di2 version is £2700. Mind me asking where you got it? And also is that a 2012 model you got on sale at the end of the season or the 2013 model (although for the life of me I can’t really tell the difference)…

Merak

Member, welcome along. FTR, if you cant do Rapha, its Assos.

Id like to draw your attention, in particular to rule #18 however I suggest you read them all and never stray.
    The Rules.

Id also like to suggest you buy a winter bike to keep this one clean.

Good luck. 😉

racefaceec90

SkillWill nice bike you have 🙂

Merak have just looked over those rules you linked (jeez that’s a long list).i can guarantee that i will be breaking at least most of them when i get my first proper road bike also. for one thing i will be using flat pedals (and a camalback).i also won’t be shaving my legs AND i may well wear hipster strides (with vintage peaked cycling cap 😉

yeahh baby 😀

geoffj

£2k for carbon & Di2 😯

mboy
    Free Member

£2k for carbon & Di2

RRP was £2500 so he’s got a 20% discount off that, presumably for it being such a large size kicking about unsold. RRP on the same bike is £2800 for 2013, which is still a damned good price for a bike of that spec, though not quite the deal it was.

That said, most carbon bikes with Di2 from the big brands would struggle to come in at the RRP of the Cube even at trade price to shop employees! 😕

SkillWill
    Free Member

Hello hello.

http://www.cyclesuk.com/product/Agree_GTC_Di2_2012_379400-60

Still have it in 60cm where I bought it from. Even more bargainous too…

Just to add, I didn’t get it cheap because it was a large size. It was £2000 on their site. When I phoned and asked if they had it in my size they said they would check what stock Cube had, said they had 7 in Germany and got it shipped over in 2 days. The reason I mention this is that if you give them a call they may be able to get more stock from Cube. Worth a go I guess.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘New (road) bike pics’ is closed to new replies.