Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • New road bike – Indy Fab Ti 'Factory Lightweight' – shiny!!
  • rOcKeTdOg

it’s a no from me even without that seatpost/mast

69er
    Free Member

Not for me.

enfht
    Free Member

Has this forum been hacked by the dark side?
    😐

solarider
    Free Member

I love Ti. I love IF. I ride both. But I am afraid this doesn’t do it for me either.

That seatpost is wrong and somehow an oversized headtube never works on a Ti bike.

Given some of my bikes, I should understand more than anybody that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and the ride is everything. But somehow, it doesn’t look as special as the price tag would suggest.

Sorry.

psychle
    Free Member

No need to apologise 😀 . I think what’s getting people is the fact that IF have basically made a carbon fibre style bike (super stiff, no compromise race machine) out of Ti, so it’s naught like any other Ti frame around, the oversized tubing, pressfit BB and headtube make it pretty unique in the world of Ti frames?

I deliberately went for an understated finish, the other option was to go for a gloss black with the ‘cut out’ bits done in matte black, but IF weren’t sure they could get it done by the deadline I had (I was visiting Boston on April 27th, so wanted to collect in person).

Re. it not looking as special or as bling as the price tag would suggest, ya’ll really need to see it up close and personal to notice the subtle details and sublime workmanship in the frame, then you’ll have no doubt as to where the dinero goes 😀

Personally, I like the seatpost, but I know it’s a bit different and perhaps a bit marmite… But the ride… man, it is very very nice, and really, that’s what matters – you can’t really see the bike when you’re on it, you just feel how fast it is! 8)

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘New road bike – Indy Fab Ti 'Factory Lightweight' – shiny!!’ is closed to new replies.