Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • New riding partner…
  • DezB
    Free Member

Only second time out and she’s taken to it like a dream! She’s rubbish on the lead, but stays with me on the bike. Had my boy on the trailerbike this morning too. Bloody hard work, but great to be out.

flatback
    Free Member

great more crap on the trails

jazzpootle
    Free Member

DezB – how do you do it? my border collie tries to eat my wheels and won’t stop barking if I go out with him on the bike.

flatback – responsible owners pick up their dog’s poo. Feel free to openly chastise people if they don’t clear up after their pooches.

grizzlygus
    Free Member

I think that you’ll find that ‘roads’ are much sanitised and devoid of natural occurring organic materials flatback .

You best use them.

Very nice ‘riding buddy’ btw Dez 8)

Onzadog
    Free Member

My staffie loved running with the bike but got very excited and barked a lot. So, I went up the park with him and rode around. Every time he barked, I’d lay the bike down, turn my back to him and walk away. I also praised him verbally constantly when he wasn’t barking. Only took a couple of outings for him to realise. As for the biting, pedal faster!

DezB
    Free Member

flatback – unfortunately she saves it for our back garden. Hardly ever goes when out on a walk.

jazzpootle – I just went for it. She’s only a year old and not used to being walked until we got her.. so I thought it might be a risk. Tried it in the garden a few times and she just attacked the tyres. Out on those trails though I think she’s just chuffed to be going at a decent pace, so tags along. Just take her to where she can go free off the lead and rode.
    Did a couple of vids too: http://s142.photobucket.com/albums/r90/dezb99/?action=view&current=MVI_2551.flv
    two
    three
    (Apologies for quality – handheld Canon Ixus!)

Yeah, lots of praise and calling too.

Alex

Interesting. I’m waiting for Murphy to be a year old. He used to chase the bike (and chew tyres give half a chance) even when it was being wheeled out of the shed. But we’ve just about got him over that (tough, labrador retriever, 8 months old being told “fetch that” but “don’t fetch that”!)

I’m really looking forward to riding in the woods this summer with him. He’s pretty damn quick already but doesn’t have the stamina and I don’t want to break him before he’s fully grown.

[/url][/img]

He’d go now if I let him.

DezB, good looking trail dog you have there!

Alex

oops no preview… 😉

DezB
    Free Member

Cheers Alex. She’s a german pointer, so a bit quicker than a lab. Very easily distracted though!
    BTW, her name’s Hope. Named by the previous owners and conveniently “bikey” for us!
    Murphy’s a handsome young fella. 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘New riding partner…’ is closed to new replies.