Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • new ride – first impressions
  • M6TTF
    Free Member

finally got hold of my Scandal Pro XT after what seemed like an age. Swapped a few things out to my preference and took it out this morning.

First impressions:

I'd forgotten how punishing hard tails were around the peak district! It's been a good 15 years since I've properly ridden one. Boy this thing's stiff – found it quite hard on loose rocky climbs as I'm used to the rear end tracking the contours rather than bouncing, might try slightly less pressures next time once I've converted to tubeless. Really stable and fast though and completely different to my trek which is what I was after. Only thing I think is poor is the clearance between the wheel and front mech – it'll be a mud magnet in the winter. Other thing I noticed was how stif the monkeylite CNT low risers are for a carbon bar – no give at all!

This ride confirmed that it's far too harsh for me to run the carbon forks so they're staying in the box and are for sale in the classifieds still!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Won't somebody think of the valve/logo alignment?

rOcKeTdOg

ha ha it's got big wheelz (and looks in proportion actually)! very nice

tazzymtb

M6TTF- you seem to have some strange dangley thing on the back of the frame and more than one gear…….on a 29er….for the peaks….. you sir are girlies blouse!

nice bike though 😀

M6TTF
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart – Member
    Won't somebody think of the valve/logo alignment?

nope – you're either single or have no kids. Either way you have too much time on your hands lol

M6TTF
    Free Member

M6TTF- you seem to have some strange dangley thing on the back of the frame and more than one gear…….on a 29er….for the peaks….. you sir are girlies blouse!
    nice bike though

cheeky **** 😉 I admire your gusto but there's **** all chance I'd complete the 30 or so miles we did today over ladder hill and the goyt with one gear!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘new ride – first impressions’ is closed to new replies.