Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • New plastic Turner
  • Kitz_Chris
    Free Member

Just picked up my Czar frame! Really rather excited! It’s going to be a large house ornament for a while though, as absolutely nothing from my old bike will transfer across to this frame. Great excuse for a brand new build though.

Build will be XC race orientated. XO1, RS Sid, carbony bits. Not sure on the wheels yet though. Probably a pair of Stans unless there are some better recommendations?

mactheknife

Thats a thing of beauty 🙂

doof_doof
    Free Member

Awesome. Every report on the Czar I’ve seen has been glowing. Nice to see something other than a boring Santa Spesh too!

RustyMac

A carbon frame surely deserves some carbon rims? Something like light bicycle carbon rims on dt swiss 240 hubs should do the job nicely.

davosaurusrex

Been thinking for a while about what second bike I would like to complement my fairly burly Sultan. Looking at that it’s just dawned on me a Czar would be perfect for South Downs XC bombing. Not going to happen though. Lovely thing, enjoy it!

NewRetroTom

Rear triangle looks amazingly similar to a Mojo HD. Well it is a DW link, so I suppose it’s bound to have some things in common.

5spot
    Free Member

Is it a large?i was about to pull the trigger but silverfish now out of stock!

Kitz_Chris
    Free Member

A carbon frame surely deserves some carbon rims? Something like light bicycle carbon rims on dt swiss 240 hubs should do the job nicely.

I’d love a set of DT hubs, but they aren’t in the budget. I might look into building up a set of the light bicycle rims, but I’m not sure how much time I will have to do that in the next month. At this point I just want to get parts on it and get riding!

Kitz_Chris
    Free Member

Yes, it’s a large. I sat on the medium and the large, and it felt a lot less cramped on the large. I’m 5’10”. Rumour is that these are selling as fast as they can make them. I hope they don’t get too popular!!

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Nice.

matt_outandabout

How warm and dry does that picture look?

davosaurusrex

Looks California warm and dry to me. Properly jealous.

rone

‘Tis a fab bike/frame. Very playful, comfortable and fast. Really soaks up bumps whilst remaining stiff. Had a tallboy before this and the DW wins outs on peddling (you can’t feel any chain growth). Don’t stick 120 fork on it, doesn’t feel right.

rexated
    Free Member

sorry 5spot, that was me getting the last large 😀

Kitz_Chris
    Free Member

How warm and dry does that picture look?

Looks California warm and dry to me. Properly jealous.

Spot on. I escaped the mountains for a bit last week and rode some warm dusty trails. Back to the snow and cold now though.

adsh
    Free Member

I’d love one but the large is too short top tube for me and at 6′ the XL is too tall. Why oh why does the most xc frame of Turners range have the shortest top tube?

njee20
    Free Member

I build some LB rims on AM Classic hubs – bought from a shop over there, weren’t all that expensive, AE Bike IIRC. 1360g for 29er wheels, not too bad.

Frankers
    Free Member

adsh – Member
    I’d love one but the large is too short top tube for me and at 6′ the XL is too tall. Why oh why does the most xc frame of Turners range have the shortest top tube?

Yeah why did Turner start shortening their top tubes

doof_doof
    Free Member

Yeah why did Turner start shortening their top tubes

Been happening since the change from TNT to DW. The Burner and Flux seem to be back to sensible length TT’s.

wiggles
    Free Member

Nice looking frame, someone came into the shop with some 35mm LB rims today and they looks awesome and would suit this perfectly.

rone

There’s 7mm difference between the large czar and large flux. I believe the czar designed to be run with a longer stem. My spearfish large is also 8mm longer.

I’m 6ft, and the large fits well though I do like a longish top tube. I’m very happy with the fit of the czar, the balance between fun, stability and speed is terrific.

It’s interesting that my longer top tube bikes feel lardy and slow to turn now. I guess there are lots of factors to make a whole.

dickie
    Free Member

Whats it weigh?

sssimon
    Free Member

that’s lovely

coogan
    Free Member

If they did a carbon Burner, I’d have snapped one right up!

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Ooof, nice.

Funny that Turner rear triangles look wrong in metal but look much better in carbon, despite looking pretty similar.

adsh
    Free Member

Wonder if they will make an aluminium 29er with the new cold forming used on the Flux 120. The carbon of the Czar is half a pound lighter and £700 dearer. Probably too much crossover.

OP lovely bike – I’d have one if not for the TT length (for me)

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

if you bought one of these but installed 650b wheels and a longer fork would it explode?

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘New plastic Turner’ is closed to new replies.