Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • New pikes – what a load of crap!
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

First set were buggered after 2months ( although felt crappy after 1 month really until i figured out it was definitely them!)……creaking crown interface, and the bladder had blown up inside

Brand new set warranted, had one month, damping is shite again, annoying click in the first bit of dead travel and the negative / positive chambers aren’t working, which I’m guessing is causing the shite damping feeling….basically empty all the air and the forks suck completely down to about 50mm stanchion showing from a possible 150mm + ….. Start top pump the air chamber up, and nothing, then suddenly it moves, and then you have to pull at the lowers and get popping sound like pressure has been released

Carry on pumping upto desired pressure, and the forks just feel crap damping wise…. Release pressure and the same again 5 further attempts all the same, forks suck down, pump up and pull to release the last 20mm travel

And I get a crap clicking noise in the first 10mm of travel when pumped to disired, which I’m guessing is he damper goosed again! With no pressure and the forks sucked down, they feel nice, buttery smooth and no clicking, yet add the pressure and back to shit damping and a click!

Pahhhhhhhhh

Wish I’d have chose fox fit 34s now fed up! Any one else having issues with them?

kimbers

Nah mine are fine after 10 mths of riding and racing enduros, ews, Megavalanche etc

I think you are unlucky. Though mine are solo airs – less to go wrong ?

dan77
    Free Member

My 150mm solo airs feel great, you’ve got me worried that there gonna go wrong now,

chiefgrooveguru

Sell enough of anything and you’ll get a few bad luck stories from customers – that’s the nature of manufacturing. You can’t make things both affordable and with 100% perfect quality/reliability.

kimbers

Nah mine are fine after 10 mths of riding and racing enduros, ews, Megavalanche etc

I think you are unlucky. Though mine are solo airs – less to go wrong ?

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Solo air ones for me aswell…amazing fork

euans2
    Free Member

Mines are also fine

wobbliscott
    Free Member

I’m about 2 months into DPA ownership during which time I’ve given them a good hammering (for me at least) and so far so good.

Maybe you should start pushing for a replacement set if you’ve had multiple problems and given them a number of chances to fix them.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Mine are the new solo air 150mm too

Can’t believe I’ve been that unlucky to have two fail damper wise from brand new 🙁

Gutted yet again they’ll have to go off, new something was a miss with them, is there nothing I can do to deal with chambers mixing myself? Sounds like the air is mixing in between them both and leaving a around 10-20mm of no damping at all

Wobblisctt these are a brand new set replaced from fisher! First ones buggered after two months, the new replacements are now not working after 1 month

bigh
    Free Member

I love mine to bits, worrying to hear that others have had issues though. I have really gone of Fox these days

deadkenny
    Free Member

Just unlucky I think. I rarely read any major issues with Pikes. In fact this might be the first I have (I’m sure there are others though).

I’m usually pretty good at finding fault in things so I might be back having a moan once I get mine set up 😉

Not that I’ve really had fork issues before, but Rockshox are pretty reliable. Also dead easy to service. Fox on the other hand I know a fair number of people with them and often seem to be problem with them. Oddly their rear shocks seem to be fine though.

satchm00
    Free Member

Just bad luck unfortunately, forum would be littered with complaints if there was reliability issues.

deadkenny
    Free Member

There’s mention here and there of similar issues with solo air in general, whatever the fork. Possibly just clogged negative air port inside.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/rs-solo-air-fork-issues

Though there’s mention of a hidden negative valve, though have to say I’ve never seen this with either my old Recon solo air or my Lyrik solo air. Also never experienced any kind of suck down with either.

hainman
    Free Member

I just grabbed myself a set of the 150mm RC’s from online French mob,Looking forward to getting them on and hopefully ride problem free….

daver27
    Free Member

Mine are ace, and I went from factory 34s as I had 4 sets of them fail.

nickdavies

Mine coming up to 12 months old and not missed a beat, best forks i’ve ever had. Only grumble is having to have another kind of suspension oil in the oil box, I now need a box all on it’s own to store all the different oils & fluids I need to service 2 bikes!

The Avid brakes, on the other hand… 👿

Mugboo

Mine have been thrashed regularly since early this year and they are superb. Given them one lower service and everything was clean and in order. In fact it was so easy that I’ll do the quarterly.

accu
    Free Member

two sets…29 and 26..
    both solo air..and no probs so far…really pleased with them

matther01
    Free Member

No probs with my 150 RCT3s…so far.

Not ridden my duals yet…

Northwind

Mine aren’t crap but they’re not amazing either. Still messing with them trying to get them to work well but my Lyriks shat on them 🙁

Having said that, I’m half curious if they’re working right- they can be quite “squelchy” sometimes on compression, anyone else find that?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘New pikes – what a load of crap!’ is closed to new replies.